Port Coquitlam Announces 2020 Committee/Designate Appointments
Port Coquitlam, BC – January 29, 2020…Port Coquitlam Mayor Brad West announced the 2020 appointments to city designations and external committees at Tuesday’s Council meeting.
2020 Designations include:
- Steve Darling: community safety, sports and recreation
- Laura Dupont: environment, climate action, parks.
- Nancy McCurrach: arts, culture, heritage, youth and seniors.
- Darrell Penner: public works and transportation.
- Glenn Pollock: housing
- Dean Washington: finance, downtown and vice-chair of Committee of Council.
- Mayor Brad West: development, planning and economic development
“Council members have been working hard taking a lead on championing key issues and we’re seeing the results of their work,” said Mayor Brad West. “We have had positive feedback that the changes we made to our committee structure last year are working and the new approach has helped Council work smarter and stay more focused on delivering results.”
The following appointments were also made to external committees:
- Coquitlam River Watershed Roundtable – Cllr. Dupont
- Fraser Health Municipal Government Regional Committee – Cllr. Pollock
- Fraser Valley Regional Library – Cllr. McCurrach
- Mayor’s Citizen Advisory Roundtable – Mayor Brad West
- Metro Vancouver – Mayor West (alternate Cllr. Penner)
- Port Coquitlam Arts Council – Cllr. McCurrach
- Port Coquitlam Community Foundation – Cllr. Pollock
- Port Coquitlam Downtown Business Improvement Association Liaison – Cllr. Washington
- Port Coquitlam Sports Alliance – Cllr. Darling
- School District #43 Liaison – Cllr. Penner
- Translink Mayor’s Council – Mayor West (alternate Cllr. Washington)
- Tri-Cities Child Care Task Force – Cllr. Darling
- Tri-Cities Healthy Communities Partnership – Cllr. Dupont
- Tri-Cities Homelessness and Housing Task Force – Cllr. McCurrach
Committee of Council meetings start at 2:00 pm and take place the first four Tuesdays of the month.
Council meetings start at 6:00 pm with public hearings, and take place every second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
For more information and meeting schedules for committees and task forces, visit www.portcoquitlam.ca/council.
– 30 –
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533