Port Coquitlam Seniors Week Kicks Off June 5-11
Seniors can try carpet bowling, badminton or attend a pancake breakfast and more during Port Coquitlam’s Seniors’ Week festivities this year.
Seniors are a vital part of our community and make valuable contributions to our City. They play an important role in making our community a wonderful place to live, work and play.
The City is inviting Port Coquitlam seniors to celebrate B.C. Seniors Week from June 5 to the 11 at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre.
Seniors Week Events
All Port Coquitlam residents aged 60 + may join in these Seniors’ Week activities.
Mon. June 6 – 10 to 11 a.m.
- Pancake Breakfast and Coffee/Tea with Mayor Brad West – first come, first served in the Wilson Lounge
Tues. June 7 – 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Intergenerational dinner – PoCo youth will prepare and serve a delicious meal to the seniors. Registration required at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Wed. June 8 –12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Annual Seniors luncheon with entertainment. Registration required at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Thurs. June 9 – 12:45 to 2:45 p.m.
- Give it a Try –Seniors have an opportunity to try carpet bowling, badminton and/or pickleball. Funded by British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA). Registration required at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Seniors who purchase or renew a Wilson Seniors Membership during Seniors Week will be entered for a chance to win various prizes.
Other Offerings and Supports for Seniors
In addition to Seniors’ Week activities, the City offers a variety of ongoing programs and services for older residents:
- 80+ Seniors – No admission and membership fees for super seniors 80 years and older to support active aging, increase participation and reduce barriers. (Port Coquitlam Residents only)
- Wilson Seniors Member – Those 60 years and better can join Wilson for discounted pricing on pre-registered programs, discounted pricing at the Wilson Kitchen, reduced drop-in Wilson Seniors program fees and members-only classes and more.
To learn more, visit portcoquitlam.ca/seniors.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam