Port Coquitlam’s Winter In The City Launches This Weekend
It’s time to get into the holiday spirit and there’s no place like downtown Port Coquitlam for the holidays! Experience the joy and wonder of the City’s annual Christmas in Leigh Square including Winter Artisan Market and family-friendly activities for everyone to enjoy on Friday, Nov. 25 and Saturday, Nov. 26.
Event-goers can support local businesses and artisans, enjoy food trucks, an outdoor sip-n-shop from local craft breweries and distillery, official lighting of City Hall and Leigh Square, photos with Santa, holiday craft making, music and live entertainment.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest
Take a picture at Christmas in Leigh Square with your ugly Christmas sweater and tag us @cityofpoco for a chance to win a $250 City Swag gift pack. Don your ugly sweater at one of three City Christmas frames which will be placed throughout the site where you can take your picture.
Everyone Welcome for the Outdoor Live Music, Sip n’ Shop, and Activities for all Ages, Rain or Shine
Event Schedule and Details:
Fri. Nov. 25, 4 – 8 p.m.
- 4 – 8 p.m.– Performances on the Bandshell featuring:
- Ben Crosby – 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Etienne Siew – 6:15 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- 4 – 8 p.m. – Heritage Ornament Making at the Outlet and Holiday Crafts at the Gathering Place for all ages
- 4 – 8 p.m. – Local craft breweries– Sip n’ Shop with Patina Brewing, Provincial Spirits and Tinhouse Brewing Co.
- 4 – 8 p.m. – Food Trucks – Indish, Oh My Gado, The Jerk Shack and Tornado Potato
- 4 – 8 p.m.– Winter Artisan Market – Visit the market and do some unique holiday shopping from over 40 local artist and artisan vendors. Find handmade treasures, quality art, and fine crafts. Admission is free, and more information can be found at pocochristmasfair.com.
Sat. Nov. 26, 10 a.m.– 6 p.m.
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. -Terry Fox Library – pop-up library and button making
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. — Winter Artisan Market continues with hand-made creations, candles, baking, preserves, all in time for the holidays.
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Performances on the Bandshell featuring:
- Tri-City School of Music – 12 p.m.
- Beauty Shop Dolls – 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Christmas Swing Trio – 3 p.m.
- Phat Santa Swing – 4 p.m. and 5:15 p.m.
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Holiday Crafts for all ages at the Gathering Place
- Noon – 6 p.m. – Local craft breweries–Sip n’ Shop with Boardwalk Brewing, PoCo Brothers Brewing and Provincial Spirits
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Food Trucks – Indish, Oh My Gado, The Jerk Shack and Tornado Potato
- 12 – 4 p.m. – Photos with Santa at the Outlet – by cash donation (courtesy of PoCo Heritage)
- 1-5 p.m. – Hot apple cider outdoors (courtesy of Astoria)
- 2- 5 p.m. – Stop by the City info booth for giveaways and enter to win a City swag gift basket
- 4:45 p.m. – Make sure to be at the bandshell at 4:45 p.m. for the lighting ceremony, when City Hall and Leigh Square will be lit up for the holidays.
The weekend also kicks off the 10th Annual PoCo Heritage Christmas Tree Festival, which invites the public to vote for their favourite tree. The festival, a fundraiser for PoCo Heritage, runs from Nov. 25 to Dec. 16. More information is available at downtownpocobia.com.
Thank you to our event sponsors, the Downtown Port Coquitlam Business and Improvement Association (PoCo BIA) and Aspira Astoria Retirement Living.
More Winter in the City Activities
Celebrate winter with the City of Port Coquitlam and explore al lthe winter fun! Further details are available at portcoquitlam.ca/winterinthecity.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam