PSA: View and Give Feedback On Port Coquitlam’s 2020 Annual Report
Port Coquitlam residents who want to learn more about their city’s activities and finances are invited to view the latest annual report, now available online.
Entitled Stronger Together, the report reflects the community’s resiliency during the COVID-19 pandemic and the City’s efforts to adapt services and find ways to support those struggling while continuing to deliver core services to residents and businesses.
A statutory document, the annual report will be considered by Council at the June 8 Council meeting. The report is also now available for public review at portcoquitlam.ca/annualreport.
For 15 consecutive years, Port Coquitlam’s comprehensive, easy-to-read annual reports have won awards from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) of the United States and Canada. The 2020 report will be submitted to the GFOA for consideration for the Canadian Financial Reporting Award.
Highlights of 2020 featured in the report include:
- Opening of new pool at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre – marking the end of Phase One construction.
- Making the City’s largest one-time investment in neighbourhood rehabilitation, with over 10 kilometres of road, lane paving, curb, gutter and utility upgrades.
- Continued focus on delivering capital projects that enhanced parks and playgrounds, improved transportation and safety throughout the community.
- Finalized designs to transform McAllister Avenue in 2021 into a world-class streetscape to kick off the revitalization of the downtown.
- Made headway on three affordable housing projects that would bring 450 new subsidized units over the next several years, with about two-thirds of the units suitable for families.
- Enhanced the presence and capacity of bylaw officers with additional staff, branded vehicles and new tools to better enforce bylaws.
- Launched an equity, diversity and inclusion roundtable to address systemic racism, discrimination, equity and inclusion.
- Updated the new tree bylaw to increase protection of significant trees and add greater penalties for breaking the rules.
- Improved green cart service by introducing year-round weekly pickup.
- Enhanced the user experience in parks with an official launch of several shared off-leash areas and a successful responsible drinking pilot.
- Boosted community spirits through various art in public spaces campaigns.
- Supported residents and businesses in a variety of ways, including eliminating planned property tax increases and deferring utility and tax payment deadlines; and opening up public rights-of-way around businesses for patios and other commercial activities, with free in-kind services and streamlined processes.
Those who wish to convey concerns, comments or questions to Council concerning the Annual Report are asked to provide them before 4:30 p.m. Friday, June 4 by fax (604.927.5401) or email (email@example.com). Questions may be directed to Chris Adams-Brush, Manager of Accounting Services, at 604.927.5298.
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533