Registered Fitness and Skating Opening Soon in Port Coquitlam
Residents can soon return to Port Coquitlam Community Centre (PCCC) for pre-registered skating, strength training and fitness classes.
Pre-registered weight room access begins Sept. 21 and public skating on Sept. 26, followed by pre-registered fitness classes on Oct. 5 and registered skating lessons on Oct. 14. The reintroduced services are the next step in the partial reopening of the PCCC that began Sept. 8 with arena user group access and follows public health protocols and the BC Restart Plan.
Advance registration and payment through www.portcoquitlam.ca/register are required for all activities. Registered access will roll out as follows:
- Pre-registered weight room access begins Sept. 21 – registration opens Sept. 18 (schedule: www.portcoquitlam.ca/fitness). Current hours of operation are: Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. and 4-8 p.m. on Monday to Thursday, Saturday 9 a.m.–1 p.m. Closed Sunday. Subject to change based on demand.
- Pre-registered skating begins Sept. 26 – registration opens Sept. 18 (schedule: www.portcoquitlam.ca/skating).
- Pre-registered fitness classes begin Oct. 5 – registration opens Sept. 28 (schedule: www.portcoquitlam.ca/fitness).
- Group or private registered skating lessons begin Oct. 14 – registration opens Sept. 30 for Port Coquitlam residents and Oct. 2 for the general public. (Info: www.portcoquitlam.ca/skating).
Drop-in fees are posted at www.portcoquitlam.ca/recfees. Customers may now reinstate their One City Pass for pre-registered activities by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-927-7529. Passes will remain on hold during the pandemic unless passholder requests reinstatement.
General Guidelines for Registered Access
- All participants require an account for program registration through www.portcoquitlam.ca/register.
- Drop-in attendance is not permitted. Spots must be reserved online prior to arrival.
- Registration for activities will open one week in advance on an ongoing basis.
- Participants may withdraw from their session online up to 48 hours in advance with no penalty.
- No-shows (including One City Pass-holders) will be charged the single admission rate.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
- Participants will wait outside prior to the session they have registered for and will be asked to leave promptly at the end of their scheduled time.
Protecting Public Health
Strict adherence to public health directives is in effect at all facilities. Measures include:
- Registered access only and limited participant numbers for lessons, programs and activities to ensure safe distancing,
- Hand sanitizing stations,
- Signs, physical barriers, floor markings and one-way traffic to ensure physical distancing and to direct traffic flow,
- One-way entrance and exit to and from facilities,
- Masks worn by all staff when physical distancing cannot be maintained,
- Signs encouraging visitors to wear masks when physical distancing cannot be maintained, and
- Enhanced cleaning, particularly of common touchpoints such as door handles and countertops.
The city’s reopening plans will be scaled back or changed as necessary to ensure public health and comply with orders from the Provincial Health Officer.
More Recreational Opportunities
Other current or upcoming recreational opportunities include:
- Registered access continues into October at Robert Hope and Centennial Outdoor Pools based on weather and demand. Visit www.portcoquitlam.ca/outdoorpools for pool information or register for timeslots at www.portcoquitlam.ca/register.
- At Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, indoor swimming and select other activities will open early November once key maintenance activities are completed. Advance registration will be required.
- Planning for additional recreation activities – such as arts and culture, seniors, youth and children’s programs – is also under way for this fall.
Many city services continue to be available by phone, email and online, and some facilities have begun to gradually open. For information, visit www.portcoquitlam.ca/covid19 or follow the City of Port Coquitlam on social media.
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533