Scenic 2018 Port Coquitlam Calendar Arriving in the Mail
Port Coquitlam’s natural beauty, captured by local photographers, is featured in the 2018 city calendar that will start arriving in mailboxes this week.
New this year, the city’s annual calendar will be mailed directly to all Port Coquitlam households and businesses. Entitled Naturally PoCo, the colourful letter-sized calendar includes:
- Information about city events, services and meetings.
- Waste collection schedule in the monthly calendars.
- Space in the monthly calendars for writing personal schedules.
Highlighted throughout the calendar are striking photos of Port Coquitlam flowers, wildlife and landscapes, submitted by local shutterbugs this summer following a call for photos. Hundreds of submissions were received, many of which will be used in city publications and have been posted at www.portcoquitlam.ca/photos.
The zone map at the beginning of the calendar highlights changes coming Jan. 1, 2018 to Zones 4 and 5, on the west side of the city. A section of Zone 5 will be added to Zone 4, which means a different collection day in 2018 for 1,373 homes located south of Kelly Avenue and west of Shaughnessy Street, as well as the area south of Pitt River Road and west of Mary Hill Road. The city recently mailed information directly to all affected homes.
The calendar can be downloaded at www.portcoquitlam.ca/2018calendar. A one-page collection schedule and zone map can be downloaded from www.portcoquitlam.ca/waste (see Collection Schedule and Zone Map page).
Proper waste-sorting is a prevalent theme throughout the calendar, including Sort it Right! tips on each month’s page, to help residents understand what goes – and doesn’t go – into their waste carts. Other related city resources include:
- The 2018 Sort it Right! flipguide to waste sorting and services, recently mailed to all households;
- The PoCo Waste-Line app, available for free at www.portcoquitlam.ca/wasteline, which provides customized pickup alerts and other useful information;
- The City’s ambassadors, which are helping educate the community about waste and other issues and are available for presentations (www.portcoquitlam.ca/ambassadors); and
- The webpage www.portcoquitlam.ca/sortitright, which includes a variety of waste-sorting information.
The calendars are being delivered in 100% biodegradable plastic bags, and were printed on FSC-certified paper with at least 10% post-consumer recycled content. Reducing the size of the calendar this year from 9×12 inches to 8.5×11 inches not only saved paper, but secured a favourable postal rate that enabled the city to mail the calendars to each household.
Free copies of the calendar and Sort it Right! flipguide can be picked up from City facilities as of Wednesday while supplies last.
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533