Spring 2023 Program Registration Opens Feb. 21
The Spring 2023 season is almost here, and it is time to spring into motion with the wide variety of programs for all ages that encourages Port Coquitlam residents to move, create and connect.
Port Coquitlam residents are invited to register for spring programming on Tuesday, Feb.21 at 8 a.m., and the general public can register on Friday, Feb. 24 at 8 a.m.
Residents can view the full range of programs in the spring leisure guide available online today, Feb. 10 at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide.
Register online at portcoquitlam.ca/register for the following programs:
- Day Camps: Join in on the fun, and register for a Pro D Day Camp! From skating, swimming, biking, and arts there is sure to be a camp for all interests. Details in the spring leisure guide on pages 4-5.
- Bike Programs: Spring is the perfect time to get into gear and enroll your child in one of our Little Sprockets bike programs. Learn more on page 11.
- Seniors Activities (Adult 60+): Celebrate Seniors Week with us! Join in on the fun from June 5 -11 as we celebrate seniors and their many contributions to our community. Stay tuned for more information at: portcoquitlam.ca/seniors
- Family Imagination Studio: A time for families to make art together in a free-flowing, creative studio. Registered drop-in. Learn more about Arts & Culture programming on pages 36-40.
- Events & Programs: PoCo Heritage is hosting a variety of events and programs this spring. Attend an “Evening at the Museum” listen to guest speakers and learn about the heritage, history, and culture of Port Coquitlam. Celebrate the 100th year of May Days in Port Coquitlam, and attend the May Days exhibit at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre and City Hall. The exhibit is on from April 26 – June 23. For more PoCo Heritage program information go to page 41 in the spring leisure guide.
- Swimming Lessons (All ages): Swim lessons for a variety of levels, including preschool, Swim Kids, and Advanced Aquatics. For details, visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
- Public Skating programs and lessons (All ages): Take private or group lessons to perfect your skating technique. Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/skating.
- Fitness (All ages): A variety of fitness, yoga, and wellness classes.Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/fitness.
Financial Assistance and Program Support Available
The City offers a variety of supports and resources to ensure all residents have the opportunity to get involved in recreation and arts programs. Through the Financial Assistance Program, eligible families can receive a 75 percent discount on activities, including camps.
Families can also apply for an Individual Child Grant through Canadian Tire’s Jumpstart Program.
Recreation 1:1 Program Support provides accessible and inclusive opportunities for children or youth in registered activities. Learn more at portcoquitlam.ca/financialassistance.
Program and registration information is provided in the spring leisure guide, available online at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide. For more information about program registration, contact Recreation via email email@example.com or call 604-927-PLAY(7529).
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam