Spring Break Program Registration Starts February 24
Children and youth can move, create and connect over Spring Break at Port Coquitlam’s outdoor day camps and swimming lessons.
Camps will run Monday to Friday from Mar. 22 to 26 and Monday to Thursday from Mar. 29 to Apr. 1. All camps will have the appropriate COVID-19 safety measures in place.
Registration will open at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 24 for Port Coquitlam residents, and at 8 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 26 for the general public.
Register online at portcoquitlam.ca/register for the following programs:
- Trekkers Camp (ages 5-7) Hyde Creek Community Centre offers a variety of outdoor games and activities. Camp runs 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Five year olds must have completed or be enrolled in kindergarten to participate.
- Explorers Camp (ages 8-10) Children will explore trails around Hyde Creek Community Centre, play games and activities, connect with their peers and swim daily. Camp runs 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Base Camp (ages 11-14) for youth looking to engage in fun, outdoor activities with their peers. Youth will work together on team building and personal leadership activities. Camp runs outdoors at Hyde Creek Community Centre from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Regular registered youth programming will also continue running during Spring Break from 3:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Outdoor Arts Camp (ages 6-10) at the Outlet in Leigh Square for children who love visual arts and creative play. Camp runs 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Trail Blazers Camps (ages 6-8 and 8-11) at Gates Park for children eager to get on their bikes and explore our trails. Camps for 6 to 8 year olds run from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and camps for 8 to 11 year olds from 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Swimming Lessons – Swim lessons will be available during spring break for a variety of swim levels, including preschool and Swim Kids. For details and schedule visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
Financial Support Available
The City offers a variety of supports and resources to ensure that all residents have the opportunity to get involved in recreation programs. Eligible families can receive a 75 per cent discount on activities, including camps, through the Financial Assistance Program.
The City’s Leisure Buddy Program also offers one-to-one volunteer support for children in registered activities. Learn more at portcoquitlam.ca/financialassistance.
General Guidelines for Registered Program Access
- All participants must register in advance online to reserve a spot. Participants are required to set up an account at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
- Participants may withdraw from their session on-line up to 24 hours in advance with no penalty. If you require support, please call 604-927-7529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
- Participants will wait outside prior to the session they have registered for and leave promptly at the end of their scheduled time.
Protecting Public Health
Strict adherence to public health directives is in effect at all facilities. Measures include:
- Registered access only and limited participant numbers for lessons, programs and activities to ensure safe distancing.
- Hand sanitizing stations.
- Signs, physical barriers, floor markings and one-way traffic to ensure physical distancing and to direct traffic flow.
- One-way entrance and exit to and from facilities.
- Masks are to be worn by everyone 12 years and up, at all times as mandated by the Public Health Officer. Children ages 3 to 11 are encouraged to wear masks.
- Enhanced cleaning, particularly of common touchpoints such as door handles and countertops.
Families are also encouraged to stay active and make use of Port Coquitlam’s vast array of parks, sportsfields and trails.
The city’s reopening plans will be scaled back or changed as necessary to ensure public health and comply with orders from the Provincial Health Officer.
Many City services continue to be available by phone, email and online, and some facilities are partially open with health protocols in place. For information, visit portcoquitlam.ca/covid19 or follow the City on social media.
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533