Spring Program Registration Starts Feb. 22
Port Coquitlam residents of all ages can move, create and connect this spring with sport, fitness, arts programming, day camps, swimming lessons and more.
Registration will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 22 for Port Coquitlam residents, and 8 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 25 for the general public. Residents can view the full range of programs in the spring leisure guide available online Wednesday Feb. 9 at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide.
Register online at portcoquitlam.ca/register for the following programs:
- Seniors Programs (Adult 60+): From dancing to visual arts and so much more, there are lots of opportunities to try something new and have fun.
- Bike Camps (ages 8 to 11): Learn to ride, out in the fresh air, in our local trails and being active outside.
- Youth Camps (ages 11 to 13): Join PoCo Youth for a full week of adventures, out trips and activities. Camp runs 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, from Mar. 14 to 18 and from Mar. 21 to Mar. 25. All camps will have the appropriate COVID-19 safety measures in place.
- Visual and Performing Arts Classes and Workshop for Adults (19+:) Painting, drawing, clay, short fiction writing, poetry, and Improv theatre.
- Swimming Lessons (All ages): Swim lessons will be available for a variety of swim levels, including preschool, Swim Kids and Advanced Aquatics. For details and schedule, visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
- Public Skating programs and lessons (All ages): Take private or group lessons to perfect your skating technique. Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/skating.
- Fitness (All ages): A variety of aerobics classes, yoga and wellness classes for all fitness abilities. Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/fitness.
Financial Support Available
The City offers a variety of supports and resources to ensure that all residents have the opportunity to get involved in recreation programs. Eligible families can receive a 75 per cent discount on activities, including camps, through the Financial Assistance Program.
Families can also apply for an Individual Child Grant through Canadian Tire’s Jumpstart Program. Our Leisure Buddy Program offers 1:1 support for children in registered activities. Learn more at portcoquitlam.ca/financialassistance.
General Guidelines for Registered Program Access (full details available at portcoquitlam.ca/recreation – Know Before You Go)
- Participants are required to set up a free account at portcoquitlam.ca/register
- All participants (all ages) must pre-register for all activities
- Participants may withdraw from their session online up to 48 hours in advance with no penalty. If you require support, please call 604-927-7529 or email email@example.com.
Protecting Public Health
Masks required indoors for those age 5 and older. Masks may be removed temporarily while participating in a sport or fitness activity in a City recreation facility.
Proof of double vaccination using the BC Vaccine Card and photo ID will be required for those 12 years and older participating in the following:
- Indoor fitness classes and weight rooms (12 and older)
- Sport activities and arena sports (22 and older)
- Indoor skating rinks (12 and older. Registered child and youth lessons are excluded)
- Swimming (12 and older. i.e. Public Swim, Aqua fit, Lane Swim)
- All recreation programs except for people under 12 years of age or people 12 to 21 years of age participating in a program for children or youth
- Volunteers (12 and older), including coaches and referees, assisting with child or youth sport or programs
- Parents and caregivers participating in a program with their child
- All spectators including those watching preschool, children and youth programs including ice skating lessons, swimming and hockey programs (applies to groups of any size)
At this time, proof of vaccination is not required to participate in:
- Sport activities for age 21 or younger
- Terry Fox Library – all ages
- PCCC Concession
- Recreational programs or activities with less than 50 participants other than those indicated above
- Non-recreation civic facilities such as City Hall and Annex, Public Works and Fire Halls
Patrons unable to provide the required documentation will not be allowed to participate in these recreation programs. Proof of vaccination will not be required for preschool, children, and youth programs.
For information, visit portcoquitlam.ca/restart or follow the City of Port Coquitlam on social media.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam