Summer Program Registration Begins May 2
Although the weather says otherwise, Summer is almost here, and the City is excited to offer a wide variety of programs this season. Port Coquitlam residents of all ages can move, create and connect this summer with camps, sports, fitness, arts programming, swimming lessons and much more.
Registration will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, May 2 for Port Coquitlam residents, and 8 a.m. on Friday, May 5 for the general public. Residents can view the full range of programs in the summer leisure guide available online today, April 24 at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide.
Register online at portcoquitlam.ca/register for the following programs:
- Summer Camps (Ages 3 to 17): Join in on the fun, summer camps are back! From biking, musical theater, swimming and the week-long adventure camps there is something for every child and youth. Details in the summer leisure guide, pages 4-9.
- Bike Programs: Summer is the perfect time to get into gear and enroll your child in one of our Little Sprockets bike programs or Trail Blazer Bike Camps. Learn more on page 4-5.
- Seniors Activities (Adult 60+): Learn about ways to protect your skin naturally from the sun at one of our workshops. Also, explore the benefits of drumming at the summer drum circle. Details in the summer leisure guide, page 34.
- Family Imagination Studio: A time for families to make art together in a free-flowing, creative studio. Registered drop-in. Learn more about Arts & Culture programming on pages 36-37.
- Terry Fox Library: Join the Summer Reading Club! Get ready to journey through time this summer and introduce your child to the love of books and language. Learn more on pages 38 – 39 or visit fvrl.ca
- Swimming Lessons (All ages): Swim lessons will be available for a variety of swim levels, including Parent and Tot, Preschool, Swimmer and Advanced Aquatics.
For details and schedule, visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
- Public Skating programs and lessons (All ages): Take private or group lessons to perfect your skating technique. Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/skating.
- Fitness (All ages): A variety of aerobics classes, yoga and wellness classes for all fitness abilities. Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/fitness.
Financial Assistance and Program Support Available
The City offers a variety of supports and resources to ensure all residents have the opportunity to get involved in recreation and arts programs. Through the Financial Assistance Program, eligible families can receive a 75 percent discount on activities, including camps.
Families can also apply for an Individual Child Grant through Canadian Tire’s Jumpstart Program.
Recreation 1:1 Program Support provides accessible and inclusive opportunities for children or youth in registered activities. Learn more at portcoquitlam.ca/financialassistance.
Program and registration information is provided in the summer leisure guide, available online at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide. For more information about program registration, contact Recreation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-927-PLAY(7529).
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam