Summer Program Registration Begins May 3
Summer is almost here, and the City is excited to offer a wide variety of programs this season. Port Coquitlam residents of all ages can move, create and connect this summer with camps, sports, fitness, arts programming, swimming lessons and much more.
Registration will open at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, May 3 for Port Coquitlam residents, and 8 a.m. on Friday, May 6 for the general public. Residents can view the full range of programs in the summer leisure guide available online today, April 26 at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide.
Register online at portcoquitlam.ca/register for the following programs:
- Summer Camps (Ages 3 to 17): Join in on the fun, summer camps are back this year! From bike camps to skate camps, and week-long adventure camps there is something for every child and youth. Details in the summer leisure guide, pages 4-11.
- Seniors Line Dancing (Adult 60+): Improve your line dancing skills in an intermediate or advanced line dancing class.
- Family Imagination Studio on Saturday mornings for families to get creative together. Registered drop in.
- Swimming Lessons (All ages): Swim lessons will be available for a variety of swim levels, including preschool, Swim Kids and Advanced Aquatics. For details and schedule, visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
- Public Skating programs and lessons (All ages): Take private or group lessons to perfect your skating technique. Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/skating.
- Fitness (All ages): A variety of aerobics classes, yoga and wellness classes for all fitness abilities. Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/fitness.
Financial Assistance and Program Support Available
The City offers a variety of supports and resources to ensure all residents have the opportunity to get involved in recreation programs. Eligible families can receive a 75 per cent discount on activities, including camps, through the Financial Assistance Program.
Families can also apply for an Individual Child Grant through Canadian Tire’s Jumpstart Program.
Recreation 1:1 Program Support provides accessible and inclusive opportunities for children or youth in registered activities. Learn more at portcoquitlam.ca/financialassistance.
General Guidelines for Registered Program Access (full details available at portcoquitlam.ca/recreation – Know Before You Go)
- Participants are required to set up a free account at portcoquitlam.ca/register
- All participants (all ages) must pre-register for all activities
- Participants may withdraw from their session online up to 48 hours in advance with no penalty. If you require support, please call 604-927-7529 or email email@example.com.
Program and registration information is provided in the summer leisure guide, available online at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide. For more information about program registration,
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam