Try Out New City of Port Coquitlam Website
A modern new look, easier navigation and better viewing on mobile devices are among the improvements to the new City of Port Coquitlam website unveiled June 12.
The city is inviting the public to check out its new site at www.portcoquitlam.ca and provide feedback through a brief survey during June.
Using in-house expertise, Port Coquitlam overhauled the website over the last year with a focus on improving the user experience on all platforms and ensuring compatibility with online services and tools.
Features of the new site include:
- Improved navigation through icons and menus on the homepage, a ‘What Can We Help You With’ menu, easy-to-read text and a more visual design,
- An user-friendly key word and phrased-based search function that provides options to search the website, the online Community Calendar or registered programs,
- A modern, responsive design that can be accessed from any mobile or tablet device,
- Streamlined and reorganized content that is focused on user needs rather than the city’s organizational structure,
- A Google Translate link allowing translation into various languages,
- Improved parks and trails directory and interactive road work projects map,
- A one-stop user experience with instant access to online transactions such as Experience It! online registration program, PoCoMAP online mapping system, tools (e.g. surveys), online directories, social media, and the city’s online payment and information systems, and
- A dynamic homepage showing featured news, recent media releases, city notices, and upcoming events from the Community Calendar.
Built using the latest cost-effective content management technology, the updated site reflects current design trends and best practices, Google analytics data, and input and testing by city staff and residents. The website will continue to evolve, with more video and improvements based on user and staff feedback.
The website is the foundation of the city’s online outreach strategy, which earned a first-place best practices award from the Union of British Columbia Municipalities in 2010. The city also received an honourable mention for its website in 2011 and a first-place award for social media in 2012 from the UBCM.
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533