Update On New Public Health Orders For City Recreation Centres
Following the additional measures implemented by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), new restrictions are in place for the City’s Fitness Centres at Hyde Creek Recreation (HC) and Port Coquitlam Community Centres (PCCC).
Beginning Thursday Dec. 23 until Jan.18, 2022 the following fitness activities are cancelled at both Recreation centres:
- Weight Room
- Spin Classes
- Group Fitness Classes
- Dance Classes and
- Yoga Classes
At this time, all other City recreation programs will continue as scheduled at both HC and PCCC. Seated events, such as spectators at arenas or swimming pools, will be at 50 per cent capacity and are required to show proof of vaccination.
For refunds or to cancel One City Passes, patrons can contact Recreation at email@example.com or call 604.927.7529(PLAY). All refunds or cancellations will be processed effective Dec. 23, 2021.
Residents are reminded that masks are required for people age 5 and up at all indoor City of Port Coquitlam facilities, regardless of vaccination status.
Proof of Vaccination
The PHO order requires proof of double vaccination for:
- Sport activities and arena sports (22 and older)
- Indoor skating rinks (12 and older. Registered child and youth lessons are excluded)
- Volunteers (12 and older), including coaches and referees, assisting with child or youth sport or programs
- Parents and caregivers participating in a program with their child
- All spectators including those watching preschool, children and youth programs including ice skating lessons, swimming and hockey programs (applies to groups of any size)
At this time, proof of vaccination is not required to participate in:
- Sport activities for age 21 or younger
- Indoor or outdoor pools and aquatic amenities – all ages
- Terry Fox Library – all ages
- Recreational programs or activities with less than 50 participants other than those indicated above
- Non-recreation civic facilities such as City Hall and Annex, Public Works and Fire Halls
For more information visit portcoquitlam.ca/covid19 or follow the City’s social media channels for updates.
Please visit the B.C. government website gov.bc.ca/covid19 to learn more about B.C’s response to COVID-19.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam