Updated Port Coquitlam Vaccination Requirements
Effective Friday, Nov. 26, 2021, the City of Port Coquitlam is implementing recent changes to the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Order on Gatherings and Events.
The PHO order requires proof of double vaccination for:
- Indoor fitness classes and weight rooms (12 and older)
- Sport activities and arena sports (22 and older)
- Indoor skating rinks (12 and older. Registered child and youth lessons are excluded)
- Volunteers (12 and older), including coaches and referees, assisting with child or youth sport or programs
- Parents and caregivers participating in a program with their child
- All spectators including those watching preschool, children and youth programs including ice skating lessons, swimming and hockey programs (applies to groups of any size)
At this time, proof of vaccination is not required to participate in:
- Sport activities for age 21 or younger
- Indoor or outdoor pools and aquatic amenities – all ages
- Terry Fox Library – all ages
- Recreational programs or activities with less than 50 participants other than those indicated above
- Non-recreation civic facilities such as City Hall and Annex, Public Works and Fire Halls
The health order directs that only the B.C. Vaccine Card can be accepted, either on a phone or a printed version. Patrons must show valid government issued photo identification. Patrons unable to provide the required documentation will not be allowed to participate or spectate in these recreation programs.
If you plan to participate in one of our indoor fitness or sport programs or to spectate, please arrive early to allow time for the check-in process. We kindly ask for your patience and understanding as we all adjust to these requirements. Residents are reminded that masks are required for people age 5 and up at all indoor City of Port Coquitlam facilities, regardless of vaccination status. Masks may be removed temporarily when engaged in physical activities.
For questions, please email Recreation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-927.7529(PLAY). The procedures for checking vaccine cards and identification will be updated as needed to reflect any changes made to the order by the Provincial Health Officer.
For more information visit portcoquitlam.ca/restart or follow the City’s social media channels for updates.
Please visit the B.C. government website gov.bc.ca/covid to learn more about places where your vaccine card is required for entry.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam