Updates on City Response to COVID-19
City of Port Coquitlam services, programs and events continue to run as currently scheduled.
The public is advised to go www.portcoquitlam.ca/covid19 for updates about any impacts to City programs, services and events.
The city is guided by local, provincial and federal health authorities on health matters and is closely monitoring updates being provided. The city will take further action as directed by these agencies, as the health and safety of residents and employees is its primary concern.
Currently the direction to public agencies is to take precautions similar to those typical of seasonal influenza. This includes signage encouraging good hygiene practices and enhanced cleaning of public touchpoints, such as door handles and light switches, within civic facilities.
Any changes to services will be posted on social media and the designated webpage, which includes links to health authorities’ websites.
Anyone with questions about a city recreation program can also contact email@example.com or 604-927-7529.
What Port Coquitlam is Doing
The city is committed to providing a clean and safe environment for all our facility users. To further prevent the spread of viruses, it has measures in place for daily cleaning and has increased cleaning of public touchpoints in city facilities.
The city also has emergency plans and processes in place if the risk increases.
The city is also advising staff and facility users to follow proper hygiene etiquette as directed by local health authorities. This includes:
- Regularly and thoroughly washing hands with soap and water (use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available),
- Avoid touching your face,
- Not coughing in your hands,
- Discarding tissues into a waste container,
- Using cleaning supplies provided to wipe down fitness equipment before and after use, and
- Not attending public facilities, events or gatherings if you are sick.
For all health-related concerns, the public is advised to call 811 or contact their health-care provider or local public health office.
For more information and updates please contact the following resources:
- Fraser Health Authority – www.fraserhealth.ca
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) – www.bccdc.ca
- Public Health Agency of Canada – www.canada.ca/publichealth
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533