Volunteer Spots For PoCo Grand Prix
Volunteer positions are still available for people age 16 and up who want to be part of the action at the PoCo Grand Prix July 14.
Presented by Dominion Lending Centres, the PoCo Grand Prix will attract thousands of people to downtown Port Coquitlam for a day of sport, entertainment, family activities and more. The event is part of BC Superweek, Canada’s largest professional road cycling series.
Along with professional races along a 1.3-kilometre circuit, the day will include races for kids and youth, Corporate Challenge races, live entertainment, a Kids’ Zone, beer garden, VIP experience and other activities.
About 200 volunteer positions are available in areas such as: athlete accommodation, racecourse fencing and signage, course marshaling, event set up and take down, Norco Bicycles Kids’ Race and Kids’ Zone, spectator engagement, VIP Experience, beer garden, fundraising, the PoCo Grand Prix Expo tradeshow and pace vehicles.
Volunteers must apply through the City of Port Coquitlam’s online registration process. Visit www.pocograndprix.ca/volunteer for information. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
In particular, volunteers are needed for:
- Traffic / Parking Control – coordinate traffic and supervise designated parking lots for riders (9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., 1:30 – 6 p.m. or 5:30 – 11 p.m.).
- Entertainment Support – assist with set up and take down of entertainer’s equipment and ensure equipment is kept in a secure location. (11 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or 5:00 – 11 p.m.).
- Kids Race – assist with participant check in and direct riders to the start of race and following race (3:00 to 6:15 p.m.).
- Kids Zone –assist with the set up and take down of area and supervising interactive bike circuits (1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.).
- Take Down of Course and Signage – remove fencing and signage from the course (8:30 – 11 p.m.).
- Hosting an out of town cyclist or team – Host families are needed to provide cyclist(s) a place to sleep or shower and a safe storage place for their bike from July 8 to 16. It’s a great opportunity to get insight into the world of competitive cycling and the discipline required by a professional cyclist. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
PoCo Grand Prix volunteers must apply through the City of Port Coquitlam’s volunteer registration process. More information and a registration link can be found at www.pocograndprix.ca/volunteer.
More information about the PoCo Grand Prix, including opportunities to sign up for the Kids’ Race or Corporate Challenge, can be found at www.pocograndprix.ca.
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533