Watch Your Mailbox for Scenic 2020 Port Coquitlam Calendar
Port Coquitlam’s natural beauty, captured by local photographers, is featured once again in the 2020 city calendar that will start arriving in mailboxes next week.
The city’s annual calendar will be mailed directly to all Port Coquitlam households and businesses. Entitled Naturally PoCo, the colourful letter-sized calendar includes:
- Information about city events, services and meetings.
- Waste collection schedule in the monthly calendars.
- Space in the monthly calendars for writing personal schedules.
Highlighted throughout the calendar are striking photos of Port Coquitlam flowers, wildlife and landscapes, submitted by community shutterbugs following a call for photos. Over 400 photos were received, many of which will be used in city publications and have been posted at www.portcoquitlam.ca/photos.
The calendar can be downloaded at www.portcoquitlam.ca/2020calendar. A one-page collection schedule and zone map can be downloaded from www.portcoquitlam.ca/waste (see Collection Schedule and Zone Map page).
Proper waste-sorting is a prevalent theme throughout the calendar, including Sort it Right! tips on each month’s page, to help residents understand what goes – and doesn’t go – into their waste carts. Other related city resources include:
- The 2020 Sort it Right! flipguide to waste sorting and services, available at all city facilities
- The PoCo Waste-Line app, available for free at www.portcoquitlam.ca/wasteline, which provides customized pickup alerts and other useful information;
- The City’s ambassadors, which are helping educate the community about waste and other issues and are available for presentations (www.portcoquitlam.ca/ambassadors); and
- The webpage www.portcoquitlam.ca/sortitright, which includes a variety of waste-sorting information.
The calendars are being delivered in 100% biodegradable plastic bags, and were printed on FSC-certified paper with at least 10% post-consumer recycled content.
Free copies of the calendar and the new Sort it Right! flipguide can be picked up from City facilities as of Monday December 2 while supplies last.
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
Tel 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533