Watch Your Mailbox for Scenic Port Coquitlam 2019 Calendar
Port Coquitlam’s natural beauty, captured by local photographers, is featured in the 2019 city calendar that will start arriving in mailboxes this week.
The city’s annual calendar will be mailed directly to all Port Coquitlam households and businesses this week. Note there may some delays due to backlogs created by the strike at Canada Post.
Entitled Naturally PoCo, the colourful letter-sized calendar includes:
- Information about city events, services and meetings.
- Waste collection schedule in the monthly calendars.
- Space in the monthly calendars for writing personal schedules.
Highlighted throughout the calendar are striking photos of Port Coquitlam flowers, wildlife and landscapes, submitted by local shutterbugs this summer following a call for photos. Hundreds of submissions were received, many of which will be used in city publications and have been posted at portcoquitlam.ca/photos.
Proper waste-sorting is a prevalent theme throughout the calendar, including Sort it Right! tips on each month’s page, to help residents understand what goes – and doesn’t go – into their waste carts. Other related city resources include:
- The Sort it Right! flipguide includes an overview of the City’s waste sorting and collection services.
- The PoCo Waste-Line app, available for free at portcoquitlam.ca/wasteline, which provides customized pickup alerts and other useful information;
- The City’s ambassadors, which are helping educate the community about waste and other issues and are available for presentations (portcoquitlam.ca/ambassadors); and
- The webpage portcoquitlam.ca/sortitright, which includes a variety of waste-sorting information.
The calendars are being delivered in 100% biodegradable plastic bags, and were printed on FSC-certified paper with at least 10% post-consumer recycled content.
Free copies of the calendar can be picked up from City facilities as of Wednesday while supplies last.
Manager of Communications & Admin Services
City of Port Coquitlam
T: 604.927.5335 Cel 604.218.0533