Winter 2023 Program Registration Begins Nov. 15
Our Winter 2023 season is almost here, and the City is excited to offer a wide variety of programs for all ages to move, create and connect.
Port Coquitlam residents are invited to register for winter programing on Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 8 a.m., and the general public can register on Friday, Nov. 18 at 8 a.m.
Residents can view the full range of programs in the winter leisure guide available online today, Nov. 8 at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide.
Register online at portcoquitlam.ca/register for the following programs:
- Day Camps: Join in on the fun, Pro D Day and Winter Break Camps! Immerse your child in song and dance, or have a full day of fun and participate in games, crafts, swimming and other themed activities. Half day and full day camps are available. Details in the winter leisure guide, pages 4-5.
- Seniors Activities (Adult 60+): This winter, seniors are invited to travel the world with Armchair Travel – explore faraway places such as China, France and Egypt. Also, don’t miss out on special events such as monthly and holiday themed socials. Details in the winter leisure guide, pages 30-33.
- Family Imagination Studio: A time for families to make art together in a free-flowing, creative studio. Registered drop in. Learn more about Arts & Culture programing on pages 34-38.
- Swimming Lessons (All ages): Swim lessons for a variety of levels, including preschool, Swim Kids and Advanced Aquatics. For details, visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
- Public Skating programs and lessons (All ages): Take private or group lessons to perfect your skating technique. Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/skating.
- Fitness (All ages): A variety of fitness, yoga and wellness classes.Schedule: portcoquitlam.ca/fitness.
Upcoming Changes to Swimming Lessons
Starting January 2023, the City of Port Coquitlam will transition from offering Canadian Red Cross Water Safety Programs to offering the Lifesaving Society of Canada’s Swim for Life program. Canadian Red Cross is winding down its swim and lifeguarding programming to focus on surging humanitarian demands in other areas. The City thanks them for their years of support and wishes them all the best in their important humanitarian work around the globe.
For more information and to view our Swimming Lesson Transition Chart visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
Financial Assistance and Program Support Available
The City offers a variety of supports and resources to ensure all residents have the opportunity to get involved in recreation and arts programs. Eligible families can receive a 75 per cent discount on activities, including camps, through the Financial Assistance Program.
Families can also apply for an Individual Child Grant through Canadian Tire’s Jumpstart Program.
Recreation 1:1 Program Support provides accessible and inclusive opportunities for children or youth in registered activities. Learn more at portcoquitlam.ca/financialassistance.
General Guidelines for Registered Program Access (full details available at portcoquitlam.ca/recreation – Know Before You Go)
- Participants are required to set up a free account at portcoquitlam.ca/register
- All participants (all ages) must pre-register for all activities
- Participants may withdraw from their session online up to 48 hours in advance with no penalty. If you require support, please call 604-927-7529 or email email@example.com.
Program and registration information is provided in the winter leisure guide, available online at portcoquitlam.ca/leisureguide. For more information about program registration,
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
City of Port Coquitlam