Snow Update #18
Dec. 23, 2022, 12pm – Weather is working to the crew’s advantage as temperatures warm slightly, allowing the salt to do its job which makes road clearing more effective. Crews are making plans to move from a snow and ice response to a wet weather response. The projection is for the weather to continue to warm. Please continue to avoid non-essential travel.
• Current road conditions:
Priority 1 routes – Snow covered with bare sections, focused snow removal
Priority 2 routes – Snow covered, beginning to focus on snow removal
Priority 3 routes – Snow covered
Weather predictions: Environment Canada keeps the Winter Storm Watch in effect, and we are continuing to monitor as conditions change quickly. The snow is still predicted to taper off by 12pm and change to freezing rain, and eventually rain on Saturday.
• All available City crews and equipment is focused on snow and ice control on our priority 1 routes and are at 90% complete.
• Crews will move to Priority 2 routes this afternoon.
• Parks crews continue to do snow removal on Priority 1 trails and sidewalks
• Utilities crews are planning flooding mitigation strategies by putting crews on shift
• Two crews will be available for proactive flooding response and available for customer service from 7am to 11 pm tomorrow.
• The shop is doing minor repairs and adjustments to plowing and salting equipment throughout the day.
Due to the winter weather, staffing is limited at civic facilities. Avoid non-essential travel — stay safe and warm by connecting with the City virtually.
City Hall, Annex, Fire Admin, and Public Works Admin: Open
Port Coquitlam Community Centre & Hyde Creek Recreation Centre: Open
* Fitness classes & youth-drop in cancelled
The Outlet, Gathering Place & Michael Wright Art Gallery: Closed
Community police stations: Closed
Terry Fox Library: Closed
PoCo Heritage Museum: Closed
City issues/concerns please report via:
📲 The PoCo Sort & Report App