Storm Update Nov. 30 – 5 pm
5pm Storm update:
We have experienced heavy and consistent rainfall for most of the day. Total rainfall accumulation so far for this event is 56.25 mm.
All pump stations are keeping up with the storm. We are actively monitoring Cedar and Maple as they are both slowly rising and nearing their high level marks. We have staff actively monitoring both sites. City crews will be working all evening and night actively monitoring pumps and cleaning flood grates to ensure system is operating at optimum capacity.
City crews will be out all evening and night actively checking for breaches or removing debris and will continue cleaning all flood grates, monitor water levels at ditches, creeks and rivers. Sand and bags are available at the works yard with a new and improved way of getting sand into the bags 🙂
City crew will continue to work this evening and night actively inspecting, monitoring and removing debris covering catch basins. Vac Truck cleaning out catch basins in low lying areas and continue to maximize our drainage capacity. PARKS: Barricades are in place and will continue to monitor problem trails that are prone to flooding and or the potential of flooding and expect closures.
- All sports fields are closed except for artificial Field #1 and warm up field at Gates.
- West side trail under Kingsway bridge CLOSED
- Traboulay Poco Trail under Kingsway bridge CLOSED
- The parking lot at gates park is closed due to flooding and staff will continue to monitor it.
Report any City service issues through:
- the PoCo Sort & Report app
- portcoquitlam.ca/report or
- call 604.927.3111.
Please use caution and stay safe Port Coquitlam!