Update – Dec. 24 – 9am
Update – Dec. 24 – 9am Rain has set in and the temperatures continue to warm. In the early morning hours, ice clogged drains have already posed some issues causing water to pool. Please avoid non-essential travel if you can. There is lots of pooling water throughout Metro Vancouver. Current road conditions: Localized Street Flooding; Snow is melting fast on all streets, the risk is ice-clogged drainage and slippery surfaces, as well as falling ice from buildings, streetlights, etc.
- Standby person is taking after hour calls and passing them on to field crews.
- Flooding at the Mary Hill underpass; crews have notified MainRoads and they are on route.
- Crews are attending to calls
- Two crews will be available for proactive flooding response and available for customer service from 7am to 11 pm December 24th.
- A Sandbag centre has been made available at the Broadway entrance of the Works Yard to support residents who may want access to materials. (1725 Broadway Street)
- Pump levels were lowered yesterday to prepare for the excess water.
Please help to clear catch basins and report any City issues/concerns at:
📲 The PoCo Sort & Report App