Recreation contributes to the quality of life and personal wellness of the community by providing a variety of programs, services and facilities. It also oversees the Terry Fox Library.
The Department includes three Divisions: Community Services, Recreation and Facility Services. Community services provides overall support on department-wide functions and planning and coordination of department resources, including business planning and budgets.
Recreation Services Division
- Operates Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, Leigh Square Community Arts Village, Port Coquitlam Recreation Complex, Wilson Centre, Terry Fox Library, outdoor and learner pools, outdoor gym and youth skate/bike parks.
- Provides programming in aquatics, skating, sports and fitness, active living, arts and culture, and general programming for children, youth, adults and seniors of all abilities.
- Coordinates volunteer program and civic events.
- Supports Emergency Social Services.
- Manages leasehold contracts (e.g. physiotherapy, retail, massage therapy and food services).
- Administers facility/parks bookings and cash management.
Facility Services Division
- Responsible for the City’s Facilities Life Cycle and Energy Management programs, the Department’s Asset Management Program, and providing support to other departments to assist in the operation and repair of their facilities.
- Coordinates designated renovation and construction projects.
Parks, Recreation & Culture Plan
The Parks, Recreation and Culture Plan is a comprehensive master plan for the provision of parks, recreation and cultural facilities and services.
Last updated in 2007, the 10-year plan guides the City in allocating human and fiscal resources to most effectively meet community needs with respect to:
- the development of facilities (parks, open green spaces, athletic fields, recreation and culture facilities, arenas, sport courts, cemetery and the Terry Fox Library, etc.), and
- the delivery of parks, recreation and culture services for the community.
Give the gift of health and fun! Reloadable cards can be loaded in any denomination over $10 and used toward admission into any of our recreation facilities, any recreation program, service, merchandise, or membership plans.
Please note that cards are not redeemable for cash and are non-refundable. Lost, stolen or damaged cards cannot be replaced. Terms and conditions may change without notice.
Where to purchase or load your card?
You can buy or reload an experienceit.card using Visa, MasterCard, debit or cash (no cheques) at:
Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, 1379 Laurier Avenue, 604.927.7946
Port Coquitlam Recreation Complex, 2150 Wilson Avenue, 604.927.7970
The Outlet, #110 - 2248 McAllister Avenue, 604.927.8400
The Gathering Place, #200-2253 Leigh Square, 604.927.7900
How to Register Online
Program Registration Dates
Summer 2017 was May 6
Fall 2017 - Registration begins July 29
Winter 2018 - Registration begins November 18
Leisure Guide Distribution Dates
Leisure Guides are available for pick-up at City recreation facilities on the Thursday prior to registration day. They are also delivered through the local newspaper the week of registration day.
If you have any questions please contact 604.927.PLAY (7529) or 604.927.7946