Little Free Libraries
Little Libraries are free neighbourhood book exchanges where anyone can take a book or drop off a book to share with others. No rules, no late fees – everyone can take part!
Anyone can build a bookshelf, but Little Libraries aren’t just about books. They’re about connecting with your neighbours and providing a way for people to give to their community. Little Free Libraries promote reading, literacy and access to books for everyone. The design of each Library reflects the unique personality of the people who use and care for it.
Little Free Libraries across the City of Port Coquitlam are now safely reopening. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, all users are asked to follow these safety guidelines:
- Place item(s) in a paper or plastic bag.
- Wash your hands thoroughly using soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Leave the item(s) in the bag for 3 days (72 hours) before opening.
- Open and enjoy!
We also ask that all Little Free Library users, including our volunteer Library Stewards, follow these safety guidelines:
- Stay home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Follow self-quarantine guidelines if you have been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you or anyone in your household has travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
- Maintain a safe physical distance of 2 meters (approximately 6 feet) from other Little Free Library users.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
Visit the City of Port Coquitlam’s City’s Little Free Library Map to find a Little Library near you!
Stewarding a Little Free Library
Please note: The City of Port Coquitlam is suspending the installation of new Little Free Libraries at this time. To express interest in stewarding a Little Free Library once applications re-open, please complete an Expression of Interest Form on the Volunteer page.
Community Services Coordinator