CCD – Project Category
The City of Port Coquitlam awards project grants, up to $5,000 through the Community Cultural Development Investment Program (CCD) to qualifying Port Coquitlam organizations that offer quality arts, heritage and cultural activities to the community.
To support one-time-only OR ongoing arts, cultural and heritage projects, programs, events and festivals of established groups who are not currently in receipt of an Organization or Development Category grant. Beginning in 2018, the CCD Program increased its investment in order to specifically expand support to encourage the creation and/or growth of arts, cultural, heritage and community festivals and special events.
- Spring intake: April 30
- Fall intake: September 30
- Organizations that receive funding under other City programs (such as the Self-Help Matching Grant Program) are not eligible to apply under the Project Category for the same project.
- Applicants must be incorporated non-profit societies (federal charitable registration is not required) and have been incorporated for a minimum of one year.
- Assistance is provided for projects, programs, events and festivals that take place in, or are primarily focused on Port Coquitlam and its residents. Eligibility is not limited to arts, heritage and cultural groups but to any community organization, whose proposed project/program is of an arts, heritage or cultural nature, is in keeping with the organization’s mandate, and where adequate expertise is demonstrated to carry out the project/program.
- An exception will be made with respect to art, music and theatre schools operating as private businesses in the event that a project is proposed which clearly demonstrates benefit to the community and the need for subsidy (i.e. links students or facility to the community in meaningful ways, such as outreach programs for at-risk youth). Whenever possible, schools are encouraged to partner with a non-profit group as a joint initiative.
- For profit ventures (such as the presentation of popular entertainment or projects with a primarily fundraising objective) will not be considered.
- Applicants must contact the Manager of Cultural Development & Community Services before submitting an application: Carrie Nimmo – Tel 604.927.7915 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants may submit more than one application per year, provided the funding request is not for the same project and that any outstanding projects have been completed, with the final performance report submitted.
- Significant capital projects requiring relatively large sums to acquire, develop, improve, and/or maintain a capital asset (such as land, buildings, theatres, major equipment) will not be considered; however, supplies, materials, and small relevant equipment purchases (e.g. costumes, display materials) are eligible.
- Proposed projects require clearly articulated objectives, a described plan for meeting these objectives and an evaluation process by which to determine to what extent objectives were met.
- Applicants may receive a maximum of $5,000 per year for a Project Category grant. Projects with diverse funding sources are encouraged.
- Projects will not be funded retroactively; therefore, applicants are advised to apply with sufficient lead-time. All project costs occurring after the date of application will be considered eligible.
- Investments will be awarded as a single payment; however, a final performance report must be submitted prior to consideration for future funding.
- Projects should normally be completed within one year of receiving the City’s investment.
- Organizations who are unsuccessful in their proposals may request feedback from the Manager of Cultural Development and Community Services in order to determine which aspects of their operations would potentially benefit from further development in order to meet the threshold eligibility or enhance their ranked status.
Complete the Online Project Category Application Form
To download the application for the Project Category, please click here.
Download a Project Category budget report form here.
Applicants that receive CCD Investment Grants are required to submit a final Performance Report to the City upon completion of a project or once annually in the case of on-going activities.