Move, Create, and Connect for Fun Camps in Port Coquitlam!
Children and Youth will enjoy great outdoor adventures! All camps include a unique mix of age appropriate movement & activities, arts & exploration, connection to nature, play and opportunities to socialize safely! All camp programs are designed to challenge your child while having fun and exploring outdoor environments.
For health and safety reasons, all camps will be outdoors. Participants will need to be prepared for all weather with appropriate clothing, sunscreen, hats and/or raingear as camps will be running rain or shine.
Summer camps will run weekly from July 5 to Sept 2. All camps and programs will have appropriate COVID-19 safety measures in place.
Register on-line at portcoquitlam.ca/register for the following programs:
- Tons of Fun Preschool Camp (ages 3 to 5) – preschoolers will enjoy games, crafts and creative silly play. Come for a laugh and a whole ton of fun. Camp runs 10 am-12 pm, Monday, Wednesday, Friday at the Hyde Creek Recreation Centre.
- Trekkers Camp (ages 5 to 7) – teaches outdoor exploration. Children will explore trails, make friends and play games. Camp runs 9 am to 3:30 pm at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre. Come for the fun, Stay for the friends. Note: 5-year olds must have completed or be enrolled in kindergarten to participate.
- Outdoor Arts Camp (ages 6 to 10) – for children who love making art and creative play. Runs 8:30 am to 3 pm at the Outlet in Leigh Square.
- One-day Explorers Camp (ages 7 to 9) – a one-day adventure camp for children to explore a variety of parks and places while having fun and being active. Runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 am to 3 pm at a different location each day.
- Explorers Camp (ages 8 to 10) – enjoy making friends in this variety camp while exploring trails and swimming each day. Camp runs Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3:30 pm at the Hyde Creek Recreation Centre.
- Trail Blazers Camps (ages 6 to 8 and 8 to 11) – learn bike, street and trail safety while exploring Port Coquitlam’s trails. Camps for ages 6 to 8 year olds run 12:15 pm to 4:15 pm Camps for 8 to 11 year olds run Mon. to Fri., 9 am to 4:30 pm and include swimming at Centennial pool. Both camps run at Gates Park.
- Skate, Bike, Swim Camp (ages 8 to 11) – strengthen existing skate skills and try ice sport activities at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre Arena, then ride to Gates Park and swim at Centennial Pool. Camp runs week of August 23, 9 am to 4:30 pm.
- Half Day Skate Camp (ages 6 to 10) – gain confidence and strengthen skating skills, try ice sports and enjoy creative activities at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre. Skates and helmet rentals included in program fee. Run the weeks of August 16 and 23, 9 am. to 12 pm.
- Half Day Learn to Play Hockey Camp (ages 6 to 8) – strengthen existing skating skills and learn the fundamentals of hockey throught strategic skills and drills at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre. Skates, helmet and stick rentals included in program fee. Runs the week of Aug 16 from 9 am. to 12 pm.
- Base Camp (ages 11 to14) – youth can engage in fun, outdoor activities with their peers. Campers work together on team building and personal leadership activities. Camp runs outdoors at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, 9:15 am – 3:30 pm and includes swimming.
- Swimming Lessons – a variety of swim lessons will be available for different swim levels, including preschool and Swim Kids. Swim lessons will take place at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, Robert Hope and Centennial Pools.For details and schedule visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
Financial Assistance and Support:
The City offers a variety of supports and resources to ensure that all residents have the opportunity to get involved in recreation programs. Eligible families can receive a 75% discount on activities, including camps, through our Financial Assistance Program. Families can also apply for an Individual Child Grant through Canadian Tire’s Jumpstart Program. Our Leisure Buddy Program offers 1:1 support for children in registered activities. Learn more at: portcoquitlam.ca/financialassistance.
Camp Registration Info
- Outdoor Day Camp registration is available online only and will require either use of online account credit or credit card for payment.
- To register please visit portcoquitlam.ca/register. For ease of registration set up your account now.
- For customer support call 604.927.PLAY (7529) Monday – Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm or email email@example.com
- Cancellation of camp programs must be made 7 days in advance to receive a refund. Customer requested refunds are pro-rated based on days/sessions attended. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the $5 administration fee will not be charged for activity withdrawals. Refunds for withdrawals due to illness from camp programs following the start date will be pro-rated to the number of camp days remaining. The City reserves the right to cancel/postpone activities.
Online Program Registration
Tel: 604.927.7529 (PLAY)