Move, Create, and Connect for Fun Camps in Port Coquitlam!
Children and Youth will enjoy great outdoor adventures! All camps include a unique mix of age appropriate movement & activities, arts & exploration, connection to nature, play and opportunities to socialize safely! All camp programs are designed to challenge your child while having fun and exploring outdoor environments.
For health and safety reasons, all camps will be outdoors. Participants will need to be prepared for all weather with appropriate clothing, sunscreen, hats and/or raingear as camps will be running rain or shine.
Spring Break Camps
Registration for Port Coquitlam residents will open at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 24, and Friday, February 26 for the general public. Register on-line at portcoquitlam.ca/register for the following programs:
- Trekkers Camp (ages 5-7) Hyde Creek Community Centre offers a variety of outdoor games and activities. Camp runs 9 am – 3:30 pm. Five year olds must have completed or be enrolled in kindergarten to participate.
- Explorers Camp (ages 8-10) Children will explore trails around Hyde Creek Community Centre, play games and activities, connect with their peers and swim daily. Camp runs 9 am to 3:30 pm.
- Base Camp (ages 11-14) for youth looking to engage in fun, outdoor activities with their peers. Youth will work together on team building and personal leadership activities. Camp runs outdoors at Hyde Creek Community Centre from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 pm. Regular registered youth programming will also continue running during Spring Break from 3:15 to 5:15pm, Monday to Friday.
- Outdoor Arts Camp (ages 6-10) at the Outlet in Leigh Square for children who love visual arts and creative play. Camp runs 8:30 am – 3 pm.
- Trail Blazers Camps (ages 6-8 and 8-11) at Gates Park for children eager to get on their bikes and explore our trails. Camps for 6 to 8 year olds run from 9:30 am to 12 pm and camps for 8 to 11 year olds from 1 pm – 4:30 pm.
- Swimming Lessons – Swim lessons will be available during spring break for a variety of swim levels, including preschool and Swim Kids. For details and schedule visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
The City offers a variety of supports and resources to ensure that all residents have the opportunity to get involved in recreation programs. Eligible families can receive a 75% discount on activities, including camps, through our Financial Assistance Program. Our Leisure Buddy Program also offers one to one volunteer support for children in registered activities. Learn more at: portcoquitlam.ca/financialassistance.
Camp Registration Info
- Outdoor Day Camp registration is available online only and will require either use of online account credit or credit card for payment.
- To register please visit portcoquitlam.ca/register. For ease of registration set up your account now.
- For customer support call 604.927.PLAY (7529) Monday – Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm or email email@example.com
- Cancellation of camp programs must be made 7 days in advance to receive a refund. Customer requested refunds are pro-rated based on days/sessions attended. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the $5 administration fee will not be charged for activity withdrawals. Refunds for withdrawals due to illness from camp programs following the start date will be pro-rated to the number of camp days remaining. The City reserves the right to cancel/postpone activities.
Online Program Registration
Tel: 604.927.7529 (PLAY)