Join us Aug. 26 for Canada 150: Celebrate Our Journey
Saturday August 26
Lion’s Park 12-4 pm
Leigh Square 2-9 pm
Port Coquitlam celebrates Canada’s 150th birthday on Aug. 26 with Canada 150: Celebrate Our Journey – a free arts, music and nature festival headlined by Vancouver international recording and touring sensations Delhi 2 Dublin.
Expect live entertainment, storytelling, food, displays, hands-on activities and more!
Lion’s Park 12-4 pm – Celebrating our Rivers and Trails
- Opening ceremony at noon
- Live music and entertainment, including champion Lil’wat Nation hoop dancer Alex Wells and pop-up dance performances in surprise locations
- Hands-on activities with environmental stewards
- Guided nature walks
- Displays and demonstrations
Food and more!
Leigh Square 2-9 pm – Main Event
- Live music and entertainment, including pop-up dance performances in surprise locations
- Canoe display and stories by the Kwikwetlem First Nation (kʷikʷəƛ̓əm)
- Canada 150 Mosaic – paint a tile for our permanent community mural
- Share your Canadian story with PoCo Heritage and have a souvenir photo taken
- Sneak peek of upcoming Terry Fox: Running to the Heart of Canada museum exhibit
- Food trucks, beverage garden and more!
On stage in the bandshell
Please note that times may change:
- 2:00 pm: Jodi Proznick Quartet, led by an internationally renowned Port Coquitlam bassist
- 3:10 pm: Alex Wells, a champion Lil’wat Nation hoop dancer
- 4:00 pm: The Full Spin, soulful pop cover tunes with a unique twist
- 5:10 pm: Atomic Swing Vancouver dance team
- 7-9 pm: Headliners Delhi 2 Dublin, international recording and touring artists bringing a dynamic live-electronic stage show blending bhangra, hip hop and world pop
Thank you to our Sponsors!