Lions Park: 8-11 am
- Lions pancake breakfast
- Annual free fishing derby for kids under 10
- Prize Awards 10:30 am
Castle Park: Noon to Dusk
- Children’s activities including Hamster Balls, Face Painting, Bouncy Castle and Arts and Crafts
- Paint a tile for the Canada 150 Mosaic – 12:30 -5:00 pm
- Local talent showcase with Silver Chord Choir, Mellado Dance Elite, Tri City School of Music, Bird and Lion, The Echos, Hicklestock, Venezulan Folk Band Asi Somos and more!
- Food vendors / salmon BBQ
- Community Marketplace offers a variety of displays and vendors from community and cultural groups
- Music by Jordan Klassen and others
- Fireworks at dusk
Road Closures and Shuttle Bus
The following extra traffic/safety control measures will be put into place, as needed by the RCMP from 6 pm –midnight. Vehicles will be towed if parked in prohibited areas.
- Mary Hill pedestrian overpass and Castle Park trails – will be closed
- No stopping on both sides of Citadel Drive and Castle Park trails from Confederation Drive to Castle Crescent (east leg)
- Parking permitted only on south side of Citadel Drive (downhill) from Castle Crescent (east leg) to Pitt River Road.
- Temporary Street closures on Citadel Drive from Pitt River Road to Confederation Drive, on Colonial Drive from Citadel Drive to Moody Court and Castle Crescent from 6 –11:30 pm (local residents will be permitted access with proper identification verified by the RCMP).
We ask for your cooperation and remind you that your vehicles must be moved from the above noted areas before 6 pm to avoid towing. A free shuttle bus service is offered between 11:30 am and midnight to Castle Park from the West Coast Express parking lot on Kingsway Avenue.
Thank you to our 2017 sponsors!
Art Focus, Port Coquitlam Heritage & Cultural Society, Canadian Parents for French, Excel Martial Arts, Port Coquitlam Fire and Rescue, Port Coquitlam Legion Branch 133, Hazelwood Learning Centre, Tri City Polonez Association, Poco Community Police, Poco Community Foundation, What’s On! Port Coquitlam and Rotary Club 0f Port Coquitlam Centennial and Starbucks Coffee Company