This coming Canada Day July 1st, 2018, join Canadians from coast-to-coast to celebrate and honour our great country on Canada Day.
Port Coquitlam’s annual Canada Day celebrations kick off at 8 a.m. with a pancake breakfast and fishing derby at Lions Park. The fun continues from noon to dusk at Castle Park with live entertainment, firefighters salmon barbecue and the Grande Finale Fireworks.
Schedule of Events
- 8-11:30 am: Pancake breakfast served by the local Lions Club ($5/adult, $3/child under 10) and a free fishing derby with prizes for children age 10 and under (register on-site – Lions Park).
- 12:00 pm: Opening Ceremonies, National Anthem, flag-raising and cake – Castle Park.
- 12:30-5:00 pm: Community Showcase – featuring local performers and hosted by Brad Rossington: Mellado Dance Elite, TC School of Music, Hickelstock, choral groups and bhangra dancing.
- 12:30-5:00 pm: a variety of free children’s activity zone including: face painting, creative station, horsey bouncers, bouncy castle and more.
- 12:30-5:00 pm: Community Marketplace – explore a variety of artisan vendors and community and cultural displays.
- Noon to dusk – an impressive lineup of food vendors: Asian Fusion, Indian Food, Ice Cream, Smokies, Cotton Candy and more.
- 3:00-6:00 pm – Salmon Barbecue – Port Coquitlam Firefighters continue the annual tradition of serving up a complete salmon dinner for $10. The popular barbecue is usually a sell-out. All proceeds go to the BC Professional Fire Fighters Burn Fund. Hamburgers and hotdogs will also be available.
- 5:30-10 pm – Evening Entertainment – Bring a blanket to enjoy the music acts leading up to the fireworks featuring:
– Jessica Barbour, local musician. More info: jessica-barbour.com
–Top City, 11 member band bringing R&B music to Vancouver for over 30 years. More info: topcity.ca
– Derrival, local band featured at the Squamish Valley Music Festival, chosen for the inaugural Juno Masterclass and nominated for the Western Canadian Music Awards. More info: derrival.ca
– Dusk: Grande Finale Fireworks coordinated by Port Coquitlam Firefighters.
Thank you to our 2018 sponsors!
Art Focus, Port Coquitlam Heritage & Cultural Society, Canadian Parents for French, Port Coquitlam Fire and Rescue, Port Coquitlam Legion Branch 133, Hazelwood Learning Centre, Tri City Polonez Association, Poco Community Police, What’s On! Port Coquitlam, PoCo Farmers Market, Centennial and Starbucks Coffee Company