Winter in the City
This page may be out of date as we respond to COVID-19. Get the latest updates, service changes, and community supports at portcoquitlam.ca/covid19.
The City has closed the Port Coquitlam Community Centre, Hyde Creek Centre, Terry Fox Library, Outlet and the Gathering Place. Services are also being limited at City Hall and other city facilities to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Port Coquitlam’s Winter in the City celebrations kick off on November 22 and 23 with Christmas in Leigh Square!
Fri, Nov 22, 4–8pm & Sat, Nov 23, 10am–6pm: Winter Artisan Market
Looking for gifts for loved ones? Local vendors offer handmade treasures, quality art, fine crafts, fresh crepes and other edibles. Enjoy a performance by the Felice Choir and other live entertainers followed by gingerbread decorating. Admission is free. Info: pocochristmasfair.com.
Sat, Nov 23, 10am–6pm: Christmas in Leigh Square
- 10am–6pm – Winter Artisan Market continues with gingerbread cookie decorating, food trucks, holiday story time by the Terry Fox Library (10:30–11:15am) and PoCo Heritage Holiday Bake Sale
- 12–6pm – Live entertainment:
12–12:30pm Silver Chord Choir
1–1:45pm Tri-City School of Music
2–2:45pm & 4–4:30pm Phat Santa Swing
3–3:45pm & 5–5:45pm Beauty Shop Dolls
- 12–4 pm – Photos with Santa at the Outlet – by cash donation (courtesy of PoCo Heritage) and Face Painting
- 4:45–5 pm – Lighting ceremony at the bandshell, candy canes and Santa
PoCo Heritage Tree Festival begins on this day as well, running until December 31st. Vote on your favourite tree to support PoCo Heritage! Wrap-up and awards party on Jan 4th at 1pm.
Event sponsors include:
Winter in the City Continues through to December with a variety of events:
- Thurs. Dec 5 and Fri. Dec 6, 9:30–11:30am – Winter Family Drop-in (Parents with children ages 1–6 yrs old): Hyde Creek Recreation Centre. Come connect with other parents and play with your child at our Playmania Program. FREE with a Toy Donation for the Charlene Reavely Children’s Charity Society.
- Fri. Dec. 6, 10:15–11:15pm – Youth Late Night Skate: PoCo Community Centre. Dress in your ugly holiday sweater, lace up your skates and enjoy time with friends in this fun and drop-in program. Admission is $3 including skate/helmet rentals or free with Youth Access Card. Visit pocoyouth.com for more info!
- Fri. Dec. 13, 6–8pm – Holiday Turkey Dinner: Hyde Creek Recreation Centre. Register at portcoquitlam.ca/register(37474) or 604-927-7529. Children and youth $3, Adults $5.
- Sat. Dec. 14, Three seatings: 9am, 9:25am, 9:50 – Breakfast with Santa at Port Coquitlam Community Centre. Enjoy breakfast followed by a visit with Santa and entertainment for the kids. Register at: portcoquitlam.ca/register or 604-927-PLAY. Admission is $10 – adults, $8 – kids (11yrs old and under).
- Sun. Dec. 15, 1:15–3:45pm – Skate with Santa at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre. Come skate with Santa and his helpers, and then enjoy free hot chocolate and holiday treats! $4/person
- Tues, Dec. 17, 7–7:45pm – CP Holiday Train rolls into Port Coquitlam’s West Coast Express Station marking the end of the train’s cross-country journey. Enjoy a performance by Terri Clark. More detailed information here: CP Holiday Train
- Tues. Dec 24, 11:00–12:30 and 12:45–2:15 – Christmas Eve Day Skate at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre. Drop in with friends and family to enjoy a festive skate and warm up with a free cup of hot chocolate. Also join our Christmas Eve Day Ring, Stick and Puck to practice your skills: 10–11:30am (4–12yrs) and 11:45am–1:15pm (everyone welcome) $4/person. Visit portcoquitlam.ca/drop-in for full holiday schedule.
- Tues. Dec 31, 12:30pm–2pm – New Year’s Eve Day Skate at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre and from 1:00–2:30pm supervised time on the ice to practice your skills, New Year’s Eve Day Ring, Stick and Puck. (everyone welcome) $4/person. Visit portcoquitlam.ca/drop-in for full holiday schedule.
Donations for the SHARE food bank will be accepted at all activities and events.