Winter in the City
Port Coquitlam’s Winter in the City celebrations kick off on November 23 and 24 with Christmas in Leigh Square!
Families can shop local for the holidays at the Winter Artisan Market, take part in the official lighting of Leigh Square ceremony, holiday craft making, face painting, music and entertainment as well as get their photo taken with Santa.
The weekend also kicks off the 6th Annual PoCo Heritage Christmas Tree Festival inviting the public to vote for their favourite tree. The Festival runs from November 24 till December 31 with a wrap-up and awards party on Jan 5 at 1pm. More information is available at pocoheritage.org.
Holiday Service Hours
Over the holiday season some City facilities will be closed. Please click here to view the full schedule.
City Hall Holiday Hours
Monday, December 24 – Closing at 2:00 pm
Tuesday, December 25 – 28 – Closed
Monday, December 31 – Open 8:30am -4:30pm
Tuesday, January 1 – Closed
For emergencies such as broken water mains, sewer problems, downed trees, traffic lights out, icy roads, or other problems of this nature, please call the City’s 24-hour Emergency Line at 604-543.6700.
Have a safe and happy holiday.
Christmas in Leigh Square and Winter Artisan Market
- 4 – 4:30 pm – Felice Choir performance
- 4 – 8 pm – Winter Artisan Market
- 4 – 8 pm – Gingerbread decorating holiday craft
- 4 – 8 pm – Kara’s Crepes
- 6: 15 – 7:00 pm – Library Storytime
- 10 am-6 pm – Winter Artisan Market continues.
- 10 am-6 pm – Gingerbread decorating holiday craft
- 10 am-6 pm – PoCo Heritage Holiday Bake Sale
- 12-4 pm – Photos with Santa at the Outlet – by cash donation (courtesy of PoCo Heritage).
- 12-4 pm – Face painting
Live seasonal entertainment including:
- 1 pm – Scrooge Horns – a premier sax trio to fill the square with funky holiday music.
- 2 pm – Silver Chord Choir: Get in the holiday spirit with this local choir, which regularly performs throughout the community.
- 3:00 – 4:45 pm – Beauty Shop Dolls: A vocal harmony group with a charming, colourful take on the swinging classics to fun retro arrangements of today’s best music. These dolls know how to woo any crowd.
- 1-5 pm – Hot chocolate and treats outdoors by the bandshell (courtesy of the Port Coquitlam Business Improvement Association)
- 4:45 pm – Lighting ceremony at the bandshell: Come together and light up Leigh Square and City Hall.
- 10am – 6 pm – Food trucks including
- Kara’s Crepes (Friday and Saturday)
- Mike’s Perfect Perogy’s
- Kampong – Taste of Malaysia
- Hugs by Mollie
Holiday Pop-Up Event
Take a break from the holiday bustle and enjoy some free Christmas fun Saturday, Dec. 8, 1 to 3 pm at the Shaughnessy Street Pop-up Park.
Held in the 2600-block of Shaughnessy Street, a pop-up event will feature entertainment, refreshments, hands-on activities and a chance to mingle with fellow residents and Port Coquitlam’s new City Council.
Activities will include:
- Free cocoa and cookies sponsored by the Port Coquitlam Business Improvement Association,
- Live holiday entertainment,
- Holiday ornament and gingerbread decorating,
- Selfies with a Port Coquitlam photo frame and holiday backdrop, and
- Door prizes.
Special Skates at PoCo Rec Complex
Regular admission applies. For more skating and drop-in hockey info click here.
Youth Late Night Skate – Fri Dec 7, 10:15-11:15pm Ugly Holiday Sweater Skate (11-18 yrs) $3 or free with Youth Access card.Come early with a sweater and we”ll help you make it ugly! Sweater decorating starts at 8pm.
Skate with Santa – Sun Dec 16, 1:15-3:45 pm
Christmas Eve Day Skate – Mon Dec 24, 11 am-12:30 pm and 12:45-2 pm.
Christmas Eve Ring, Stick and Puck – $4 – 10-11:30 am (age 4-12), 11:45-1:15pm (all)
New Year’s Eve Day Skate – Mon Dec 31, 12-2 pm and 2:15-3:45 pm.
New Year’s Eve Ring, Stick and Puck – $4 – 1-2:30pm (age 4-12) and 2:45-4:15 pm (all)
CP Holiday Train Dec 18
Watch the Canadian Pacific Railway’s Holiday Train roll into town at the West Coast Express station, with performances, caroling, crafts and more. Bring a donation for SHARE’s food bank. Click here for more info.
Fun Holiday Meals at Wilson Centre
Register at experienceit.ca or 604-927-7529 for these events:
- Holiday Turkey Dinner at Hyde Creek – Fri Dec 14, 6-8 pm
Children and youth $3, Adults $5. Activity #30277
- Breakfast with Santa – Sat Dec 15, 9-11:30 am
Admission $10 (free under age 3). Activity #23509