Hyde Creek Salmon Festival
18th Annual Hyde Creek Salmon Festival
The Chum and Coho salmon are returning to their spawning grounds at Hyde Creek. Come out to this Free Family Event. Located indoors and out at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre,1379 Laurier Avenue, and Hyde Creek Education Centre & Hatchery, 3636 Coast Meridian Road, Port Coquitlam.
Salmon Festival Activities include:
- See the salmon close up with in-stream salmon demonstrations and salmon dissections
- Many informative and interactive environmental displays and exhibits
- A live Eagle presentation along with amazing animal artifacts
- Guided nature walks along Hyde Creek
- Salmon Hatchery tours
- Crafts, face painting, Home Depot build project
- Learn about our local walking & running trails
- Fundraising BBQ
- Nylon Zoo with the giant inflatable fish & costumes has 4 children’s shows
- Fundraising Raffle has many incredible prizes
- Free Car Parking
- Ride Your Bike – we have free valet-style safe bicycle parking from BEST
Special thanks to co-sponsor City of Port Coquitlam, Port Metro Vancouver, Fortis BC and Vancity-Port Coquitlam for also sponsoring this event.
Check back soon for more details on date and time.
Hyde Creek Education Centre