Illuminate City Hall
Programmable LED lighting makes Port Coquitlam’s historic City Hall even more of a feature in our downtown. Soft white lights trace the building’s architectural lines throughout the year, and can be programmed to change colours to recognize important events, cultural occasions or commemorative days – including those requested by the community.
Scheduled Colour Events
- Stop Bullying Day (February)
- St. Patrick’s Day (March 17)
- National Volunteer Day (April)
- Earth Day (April)
- May Day (May)
- Canada Day (July 1)
- BC Day (August)
- Labour Day (September)
- Rivers & Trails Festival (September)
- Remembrance Day (November 11)
- Christmas in Leigh Square (December)
Apply to Change the Lighting Colour in 2023
Organizations are invited to submit free requests to change the City Hall lighting colour to recognize occasions that are not on the list of scheduled events and meet the following criteria:
- Supporting an event of national or international significance.
- Supporting a local festival or event that positively impacts community spirit.
- Supporting a local, national or international awareness issue that builds community or is related to community health (such as World Mental Health Day).
Colour choices include blue, green, magenta, pink, purple, red and yellow.
Applications must be received at least one month prior to your requested date, and are processed in the order in which they are received. You will be notified one week prior to the requested date if your request is approved.
Please read the following before completing the form below.
- Applications are now being accepted for 2023 only. Requests for 2024 will not be accepted until November 15, 2023.
- Multi-day or multi-year requests will not be accepted.
- The City of Port Coquitlam reserves the right to deny requests that are mainly personal, private, political or commercial in nature.
- The City of Port Coquitlam reserves the right to give priority to events that are hosted by the City, have national or international significance, or have been approved by Council.