Summer in the City
Summer in the City will be different this year due to Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions, but we are looking forward to all that we can do to enjoy summer locally!
Enjoy our local parks while experiencing art in nature with Lions Park Artist-in-Residence, Cherry Luor, or head for a bike ride or walk in the trails. If you’re looking for some water fun, bring the kids to one of our local Spray Parks: Castle, Sun Valley and Lions Parks are open! Or come cool off at one of our outdoor pools, see the public swim schedule for Centennial and Robert Hope Outdoor Pools here: portcoquitlam.ca/outdoorpools. Kids will also enjoy participating in our summer camps being offered outdoors for all ages. More details below.
The Port Coquitlam Farmers Market is back this year on Thursdays from 3-7pm in Leigh Square (July 16-Oct 8) with seniors-only shopping time from 3-3:30pm. You may also shop from the comfort of home with the new, virtual Farmers Market experience available at: farmersandmore.org More details below.
Port Coquitlam Farmer’s Market
The Port Coquitlam Farmers Market is back up and running outside in Leigh Square (Parking Lot) on Thursdays from 3-7pm starting June 3, 2021 until October 7 with seniors-only shopping time from 3-3:30pm. Come out to enjoy fresh food and other products while supporting our local farmers and businesses. COVID-19 health guidelines will be in effect. Virtual shopping with curbside pick-up is also available. Place your online orders by 11:45am Wednesday to be ready for pick-up Thursday the same week.
Visit farmersandmore.org to browse and shop for fresh food and produce.
Outdoor Summer Camps
Children and Youth will enjoy great outdoor adventures! All camps include a unique mix of age appropriate movement & activities, arts & exploration, connection to nature, play and opportunities to socialize safely! All camp programs are designed to challenge your child while having fun and exploring outdoor environments.
For health and safety reasons, all camps will be outdoors. Participants will need to be prepared for all weather with appropriate clothing, sunscreen, hats and/or raingear as camps will be running rain or shine.
- Tons of Fun Preschool Camp (ages 3 to 5) – preschoolers will enjoy games, crafts and creative silly play. Come for a laugh and a whole ton of fun. Camp runs 10 am-12 pm, Monday, Wednesday, Friday at the Hyde Creek Recreation Centre.
- Trekkers Camp (ages 5 to 7) – teaches outdoor exploration. Children will explore trails, make friends and play games. Camp runs 9 am to 3:30 pm at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre. Come for the fun, Stay for the friends. Note: 5-year olds must have completed or be enrolled in kindergarten to participate.
- Outdoor Arts Camp (ages 6 to 10) – for children who love making art and creative play. Runs 8:30 am to 3 pm at the Outlet in Leigh Square.
- One-day Explorers Camp (ages 7 to 9) – a one-day adventure camp for children to explore a variety of parks and places while having fun and being active. Runs Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 am to 3 pm at a different location each day.
- Explorers Camp (ages 8 to 10) – enjoy making friends in this variety camp while exploring trails and swimming each day. Camp runs Monday to Friday, 9 am to 3:30 pm at the Hyde Creek Recreation Centre.
- Trail Blazers Camps (ages 6 to 8 and 8 to 11) – learn bike, street and trail safety while exploring Port Coquitlam’s trails. Camps for ages 6 to 8 year olds run 12:15 pm to 4:15 pm Camps for 8 to 11 year olds run Mon. to Fri., 9 am to 4:30 pm and include swimming at Centennial pool. Both camps run at Gates Park.
- Skate, Bike, Swim Camp (ages 8 to 11) – strengthen existing skate skills and try ice sport activities at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre Arena, then ride to Gates Park and swim at Centennial Pool. Camp runs week of August 23, 9 am to 4:30 pm.
- Half Day Skate Camp (ages 6 to 10) – gain confidence and strengthen skating skills, try ice sports and enjoy creative activities at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre. Skates and helmet rentals included in program fee. Run the weeks of August 16 and 23, 9 am. to 12 pm.
- Half Day Learn to Play Hockey Camp (ages 6 to 8) – strengthen existing skating skills and learn the fundamentals of hockey throught strategic skills and drills at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre. Skates, helmet and stick rentals included in program fee. Runs the week of Aug 16 from 9 am. to 12 pm.
- Base Camp (ages 11 to14) – youth can engage in fun, outdoor activities with their peers. Campers work together on team building and personal leadership activities. Camp runs outdoors at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, 9:15 am – 3:30 pm and includes swimming.
- Swimming Lessons – a variety of swim lessons will be available for different swim levels, including preschool and Swim Kids. Swim lessons will take place at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, Robert Hope and Centennial Pools.For details and schedule visit portcoquitlam.ca/swimming.
Both full and half day camp options available, visit portcoquitlam.ca/register to register TODAY!