Terry Fox Hometown Run
It is a day of celebrating Terry’s legacy and helping to keep alive his dream of finding a cure for cancer. The Terry Fox Hometown Run is a non-competitive event where people get together as individuals, families, and groups to raise money for cancer research in Terry’s name.
Come run, walk, skateboard, ride your bike, rollerblade, walk on your hands or just about anything else during the event on this wheelchair accessible route! The idea is to have FUN while raising funds for cancer research.
We have a 3km, 5km, 7km and 10km distances. All routes are out and back along the same corridor. The route will be marked and there will be traffic control at the major intersections. Participants are asked to keep to the right at all times and to watch for oncoming traffic.
Sunday, September 15, 2019
Registration begins at 8:00 am – Run begins at 10:00 am
To register online please click here.
Traffic Information & Road Closures
Participants should consider using other forms of transportation to get to Hyde Creek Centre for the run – Parking is limited and Laurier Ave is closed to traffic.
Extra traffic control measures will be put into place Sunday Sept. 16 by volunteers and the RCMP to ensure the safety of our participants.
- Full Road Closure from 6:30am – 2:30pm on;
- 1300 Laurier from Hyde creek Centre to Coast Meridian Road.
- Lane Closures from 9:30am – 1:30pm on;
- both southbound lanes of 2500 – 3500 block Coast Meridian Road including the Coast Meridian Overpass (CMO) to the south end of the CMO ( at Kingsway). both northbound lanes of 3200 – 3500 block Coast Meridian Road from Prairie Ave. to Patricia Ave.,
- Full closure of Coast Meridian Connector north of Tim Horton’s
- Full closure of 2100 – 1700 block Kingsway Ave. from Wilson Ave to Broadway Ave.
- Full road closure of 2100 block of Kelly Ave. from Mary Hill Rd. to Kingsway
No parking on both sides of Kingsway Ave., from Wilson Ave. to Broadway Ave. and 1300 block Laurier Ave.
Event Producer – Community and Civic Events
If you have questions about the run or would like to get involved or volunteer:
Terry Fox Hometown Run Coordinator