The purpose of Council remuneration is to provide an incentive for community members to hold public office and to show appreciation for those that dedicate their time and effort to the governance responsibility of City services, operations and programs.
Remuneration for Port Coquitlam City Council is calculated annually in accordance with Council Remuneration Policy #7.14.04 and is intended to provide fair compensation in a transparent manner. In accordance with Port Coquitlam’s Council Remuneration Policy, the remuneration rates for Council as of January 1, 2022 are as follows:
- Mayor – $145,429 per annum
- Mayor’s transportation allowance – $8,246 per annum
- Mayor’s Total Annual Remuneration = $153,675
- Councillor – $46,191 per annum
- Acting Mayor Stipend – $4,083 per annum. Each Councillor is assigned two months per year to serve as Acting Mayor.
- Acting Mayor transportation allowance $1,271 per annum. Each Councillor is assigned two months per year to serve as Acting Mayor.
- Councillor’s Total Annual Remuneration = $51,545
Mayor and Council’s monthly expenses
Mayor and Council’s reimbursement for expenses are posted monthly.