License-pending preschool opening FALL 2021
Port Coquitlam is pleased to announce the opening of a licensed preschool in Oct 2, 2021 at the new Port Coquitlam Community Centre.
With construction of the PCCC wrapping up, Port Coquitlam is seeking Fraser Health approval for City Preschool – a City-run licensed preschool program for children ages three to five that would complement the City’s early learning programs and allowing qualified families to apply for provincial child care subsidies. Registration opens July 27 for Port Coquitlam residents and July 29 for non-residents through portcoquitlam.ca/register.
The program will align with the City’s other early learning and child development programs.
Utilizing the amenities at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre, the licensed preschool will provide a warm and nurturing environment energized by children’s natural curiosity.
Programs are designed to take a children’s first approach to learning, utilizing an emergent curriculum that helps children develop socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively. We promote Life -long learning – the ABC’s to life are autonomy, belonging and confidence.
Our experienced preschool leaders will provide a personalized learning experience that is guided by the BC Early Learning Framework. The framework provides continuity of learning from preschool to kindergarten so that children are prepared to enter the primary program.
Register now at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Hours & Fees
City Preschool will operate from 9:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. during the 2021/2022 school year and will look to expand to afternoon hours to meet community needs.
City Preschool (M,W,F)
Bar Code: 56991
Oct 4 – June 17
Monthly Fee: $293.33
City Preschool (T,TH)
Bar Code: 56990
Oct 5 – June 16
Monthly Fee: $210
City Preschool (Sat)
Bar Code: 56992
Oct 2 – June 18
Monthly Fee: $113.33
To begin the registration process, please complete the following:
- Set up a profile at portcoquitlam.ca/register – ensure to include your email address
- Register for the City Preschool on July 27
- Complete the participation information package
Once you are registered in the City Preschool program:
- An email will be sent to you with children information forms required to be completed prior to the program start date.
We understand that childcare can be expensive, there is Financial Funding Available to families.
Assistance through the City
- Eligible individuals and families may apply for support from the City’s Financial Assistance program for recreation programming.
Families can also access assistance through the government
- For financial assistance through the Affordable Child Care Benefit Program for licensed preschools check out: gov.bc.ca/childcarebenefit
Once the program begins you then apply for the government subsidies.