With the new Provincial Health Order issued by Dr. Henry on Nov 7, all indoor group physical activities recreational facilities have been suspended to comply with the new order. Affected activities include:
- Spin classes
- Yoga classes
- Group fitness
- Dance classes
- Any other indoor group physical activity that increases the respiratory rate
As per the order, indoor sports where physical distancing cannot be maintained are suspended. Activities include:
These activities can be replaced with individual exercise or practice that allows everyone to maintain a safe physical distance. The weight room at PCCC will remain open, skating and swimming programs will also continue – with COVID-19 safety protocols in place.
- At PCCC, two arenas are open for user groups with approved COVID-19 safety plans. Public skating and weight training areas are also open. All services will require advanced pre-registration.
- At Hyde Creek, indoor swimming areas are open. Advanced registration is required.
- In Leigh Square, pre-registered programs at the Gathering Place and the Outlet will be available later in the fall.
- Outdoor Playschool and Youth Drop -in at Hyde Creek is now open for registration
Move! Create! Connect! with our Rec Team
The city is pleased to provide virtual exercise classes, links to resources and online activity options for all ages. Check out our full library of videos and resources to enjoy fun and free ways to help you MOVE, CREATE and CONNECT while you spend time at home. Go to Move. Create. Connect. ONLINE