Move! Create! Connect! with our Rec Team
The city is pleased to provide virtual exercise classes, links to resources and online activity options for all ages. Check out our full library of videos and resources to enjoy fun and free ways to help you MOVE, CREATE and CONNECT while you spend time at home. Go to Move. Create. Connect. ONLINE
City Reopening Plans – Summer and Fall 2021
As COVID-19 restrictions loosen across British Columbia, the City of Port Coquitlam is planning for a gradual and safe reopening of facilities and in-person services. The following schedule is based on the BC Restart Plan, and the City will follow all health protocols included in the plan.
These plans will be adjusted to reflect any changes in guidance from the Provincial Health Officer:
June 15 to June 30, 2021:
- Status quo for facilities and service-delivery, except for some increased pre-registered recreation programming.
July 1 to Sept. 6, 2021 (dates TBD):
- Council meetings and public hearings continue via Zoom video conference.
- City recreation and other facilities that have been closed will begin to reopen.
- Increasing recreation programming. Pre-registered drop-in programs continue.
Sept. 7, 2021 and ongoing (dates TBD):
- Drop-in recreation activities resume.
- In-person Council meetings and public hearings resume.
- Grand opening celebration for completed Port Coquitlam Community Centre
Know Before You Go - COVID-19 Protocols
Updated April 15, 2021
To maintain safety, reduce touchpoints, allow time for cleaning and disinfecting and ensure social distancing, advance registration and payment are required for all recreation drop-in and registered programs.
General Drop-in and Program Guidelines:
- All participants require an account for program registration portcoquitlam.ca/register
- As per Public Health Order (PHO), all participants (all ages) must pre-register for all activities, no drop-ins allowed
- Registration for drop-in programs will open 1 week in advance at 8am and close 30 mins to prior to activity start time
- Participants may withdraw online from a drop-in activity up to 24 hours in advance
- Cancellations can be made online (minimum of 24 hours notice required), over the phone at 604.927.PLAY (7529) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note – Participants who do not attend a session without cancelling in advance will be charged the cost of a single admission.
- Participants may withdraw from a registered program up to 48 hours notice prior to activity start time
- Registrations are non-transferable
- Masks are required by staff and participants age 12 years and older at all times in the facility
- Masks are recommended / encouraged for children 3 – 11 years of age
- Participants are to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start time to check in, complete the health checks and activity orientation
- Doors will be locked following start time of an activity so participants must be on time to access the facility
- Participants who leave early will not be able to re-enter the facility
- The current Public Health Order (PHO) does not allow for any spectators in the facility
- If you are experiencing any flu or cold symptoms, please stay home
Weight Room and Fitness Classes Guidelines:
- Participants are to arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled start time to confirm registration, complete health check and activity orientation
- Please arrive in workout attire ready to go and bring a water bottle
- All belongings are to stay with participant through workout
- Water fountains, lockers and cubbies are closed at this time
- Full schedule of fitness opportunities is available online
- Masks must be worn at all times including while exercising
- Physical distance of 2.5M (8ft) between each patron in all directions must be maintained while exercising
Aquatic Program Guidelines:
- All Hyde Creek aquatic program participants are to enter through the front entrance of Hyde Creek Recreation Centre
- Participant is to arrive in swimming attire
- Change rooms remain closed and are only available for a brief period at the end of each swim session
- Personal items are stored on pool deck
- In water parent / guardian participation is required for levels Swim Kids 4 and under
- Participant may be registered in one swim lesson set at a time (including performance enhancers)
- Additional registrations will be cancelled
- Participant must successfully complete level prior to registration in next level
- All lockers are closed at this time – bring minimal personal items
- All water fountains closed at this time
- The current PHO does not allow for any spectators in the facility
- Bring a water bottle, no other food or drinks is permitted
- Additional details available at: portcoquitlam.ca/swimming
- All participants (all ages) must pre-register – portcoquitlam.ca/register
- NOTE:A minimum of seven (7) days notice withdraw request is required to avoid any penalties to account
- Additional camp details available at portcoquitlam.ca/camps
Refunds / Withdrawals:
- $5 withdrawal / cancellation fee waived during COVID
- Customers who pre-registered but do not show up for a session will be charged one drop in admission onto account – Payment required prior to future registrations
- Participants may withdraw from a registered activity with up to 48 hours notice and from camps with 7 days notice prior start date and time
- Participants may withdraw from their registered drop-in activity up to 24 hours in advance with no penalty online or 604.927.PLAY (7529) or by emailing email@example.com
- Rental cancellation require 24 hours notice