Looking for safe ways to have fun, stay active and healthy over spring? Take advantage of these activities the City has planned.
Spring Program Guide
Please note: Changes to program information may occur, the online and PDF versions have the latest updates.
Live in PoCo? Sign up Early
Port Coquitlam residents will get a three-day head start on programs.
Registration for spring 2021
PoCo residents: starts March 9 General public: starts March 11
Proof of residency will be required.
How Priority Registration Works
- Port Coquitlam residents can begin registering on March 9 – at 12:01 a.m. for those registering online, and during regular facility hours for those registering by phone (604.927.7529)
- Customers will need to provide their home address and postal code to verify they are residents of Port Coquitlam. Online registrations will be verified by Active Net account and by postal code and address combination.
- Please note: Anyone falsely claiming to be a Port Coquitlam resident during the priority registration period will be removed from the class – even if the classes have begun.
Advance registration and payment is required for all programs at portcoquitlam.ca/register. We offer a variety of supports and resources to ensure that all residents have the opportunity to get involved in recreation programs. More information about fees and financial assistance is available at portcoquitlam.ca/recfees.
General Guidelines for Registered Program Access
- Drop-in attendance is not permitted. Spots must be reserved online and participants are required to set up an account at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
- Participants may withdraw from their session on-line up to 24 hours in advance with no penalty.
- Registrations are non-transferable.
- Participants will wait outside prior to the session they have registered for and leave promptly at the end of their scheduled time.
One City pass holders can now reinstate their passes for pre-registered activities by contacting email@example.com or by phone at 604-927-7529. Passes will remain on hold during the pandemic unless the passholder requests reinstatement.
Protecting Public Health
Strict adherence to public health directives is in effect at all facilities. Measures include:
- Registered access only and limited participant numbers for lessons, programs and activities to ensure safe distancing.
- Hand sanitizing stations.
- Signs, physical barriers, floor markings and one-way traffic to ensure physical distancing and to direct traffic flow.
- One-way entrance and exit to and from facilities.
- Masks are to be worn by everyone 12 years and up, at all times as mandated by the Public Health Officer. Children ages 3 to 11 are encouraged to wear masks.
- Enhanced cleaning, particularly of common touchpoints such as door handles and countertops.
The city’s reopening plans will be scaled back or changed as necessary to ensure public health and comply with orders from the Provincial Health Officer.
Participant Information Forms (Waivers)
The City of Port Coquitlam requires all participants in their day or week-long camps to have a signed Participant Information Form on file. This form can be downloaded here.
Please contact the Recreation Department (604.927.7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain this form through mail or by email.