About Wilson Seniors
We offer activities and events for those that are 60 and older targeting a variety of interests and skill levels. Whether you come with a friend or want to make new ones, Wilson Seniors recreation is a great place to connect. Try a sewing class, join the band, play table tennis and more. Our kitchen also offers soups and sandwiches, fresh baked treats and coffee. We look forward to meeting you.
What’s Up Wilson Newsletter
Stay up to date with our e-newsletter! The What’s Up Wilson monthly publication has updates on City programs, information on resources, events and upcoming activities. Sign up for this fun, monthly newsletter by subscribing here or click on the box to the right. If you have something you would like to submit for consideration that may be shown in an upcoming edition of What’s Up Wilson, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's Up Wilson
Stay up to date with our e-Newsletter!
Seniors Leisure Guide
Check out our Seniors Summer Leisure Guide!
Celebrate Seniors Week
Mon. June 5 – 10 to 11:30am
- Pancake Breakfast and Coffee/Tea – Come out and celebrate with a FREE pancake breakfast in the Wilson Lounge. Registration required portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Tues. June 6 – 1:30 to 2:30pm
- Tuesday Talks – Aging in Place – This FREE talk offers ideas to consider as seniors plan for today and for the future they want to live tomorrow. Registration required at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Wed. June 7 –12 to 2pm
- Paint Afternoon – Join us for an afternoon with an instructor that will guide participants through a painted sunset. All materials provided. Members Only. Registration required at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Thurs. June 8 – 12:30 to 2:30pm
- Luncheon with Mayor Brad West and Council members – Join us for the party as we celebrate seniors in the community! Live entertainment, lunch, refreshments and desserts. FREE for members. Registration required at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Sat. June 10 – 10am to 4pm
- Health and Wellness Fair – Presented by the Wilson Seniors Advisory Board. Come out with friends and family and learn what local vendors/services have to offer for seniors. Draw prizes, giveaways and more! FREE. No registration required.
All programs follow current Provincial Health Orders and as we gradually reintroduce senior’s dedicated programming, pre-registration is required for all programs including drop-in activities. This is to ensure we stay within the maximum attendance numbers and ensure health and safety of all.
Become a Wilson Seniors Member!
Benefits of Membership
Those 60 years and better can join Wilson Seniors for an annual fee of $19.15, valid for 12 months.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounted pricing on pre-registered programs
- Discounted pricing at the Wilson Kitchen
- Reduced drop-in program fees and members-only classes
- Access to special events, including birthday celebrations and seasonal gatherings
- Exclusive participation in specialty wellness programs
- A chance to build friendships and connection through our lunch program
- Admission to our annual Christmas lunch
Drop-ins $1 for members, $3 for non-members and free for super seniors.
No Show for Free Events
If you are unable to attend, please contact us at 604.927.7529 so your spot can be filled by another member.
Wilson Seniors Advisory Board
Wilson Seniors Advisory Board is a dedicated group of volunteers working with Wilson Seniors members and City staff to develop programs and events that promote and enhance the well-being of “Seniors” in the community of Port Coquitlam.
In addition to being advocates for programming and reducing social isolation for seniors, the Board raises funds that go back to the seniors’ community through Farmers Market Coupons, Christmas hampers and other community initiatives and social events. During the pandemic, members of the Advisory Board have reached out to seniors in the community through the phone buddies program to provide assistance and support to those in need. Please follow the Wilson Seniors Advisory Board on Facebook for more information.
New Volunteers are always welcome. If you would like to be involved with the Advisory Board, please put your name forward.
Kitchen Volunteers Wanted
Wilson Centre is looking for kitchen volunteers! If you can spare 2 to 3 hours a week, we can keep our kitchen prices down. If everyone does a little, no one does a lot and everyone benefits!
- counter (coffee service and money)
- help prepare meals/sandwich makers
- serving meals
- clean up.
- Day of Week (Monday – Friday)
- Time of Day (am or pm)
- Activity (Bake, Chop, Make Sandwiches, Counter Service)
For more information or to arrange an interview, please email email@example.com.
Please note: At this time we are not accepting new volunteers. Please complete our expression of interest form at portcoquitlam.ca/volunteering.
Lounge furniture and tables, snooker tables, board games and flexible activity space. Reserved during the weekdays for seniors’ use.
Games room is reserved during the weekdays until 2:30 pm. Pre-registration is required.
Learn about the new amenities, building entrances and more!
2150 Wilson Avenue
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6J5
Programs/registration: 604.927.PLAY (7529)
Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-3 pm
Saturday, 8:30 am-1 pm