With the closing of facilities, the City is providing targeted support and resources to older adults, who are at higher risk to catch the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We’re Here to Serve You
- The Seniors Phone Buddies volunteer program is continuing to call out to Wilson senior members. This calling service helps us maintain connection with our community members, and ensure they have the support and resources they need during this challenging time. If you know of someone who would benefit from a call from one of our volunteers, please contact us at 604-927-7981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Farmers Market Coupon Program – Thank you to those who participated in our Farmers Market Coupon Program. We look forward to offering this program again next year. Did you know that the City of Port Coquitlam’s Financial Assistance program supports active lifestyles and healthy communities by offering inclusive recreation programs and services at a reduced cost for individuals? Learn more about the programs offered and to apply.
- The Tri Cities Resource Guide has valuable contacts and information for seniors, please contact us at email@example.com or phone 604-927-7981 for a copy.
- For support and resources for older adults on COVID-19, click here for more information with links to local, provincial and federal health authorities.
What’s Up Wilson Newsletter
Stay up to date with our e-newsletter! The What’s Up Wilson monthly publication has updates on City programs, information on resources, events and upcoming activities. Sign up for this fun, monthly newsletter by subscribing here or click on the box to the right. If you have something you would like to submit for consideration that may be shown in an upcoming edition of What’s Up Wilson, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's Up Wilson
Stay up to date with our e-Newsletter!
Wilson Seniors Recreation
Looking for some activity options while our facilities are being completed? We have a number of safe options for you to explore including online options:
- Outdoor Fitness Classes
- Outdoor Swimming and Aquafit Classes
- Virtual Fitness Class Videos
- Online Video Activities
Check out the indoor adult fitness options available at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre and enjoy an hour-long workout on state-of-the-art equipment. The new community centre is located at 2150 Wilson Ave on the corner of Mary Hill. Spots for these indoor fitness times are limited and pre-registration is required. Register at portcoquitlam.ca/register or call 604-927-7529.
- Light Fit
- Stretch & Strengthen
- Aquatic Yoga & Deep & Shallow Aqua Fit.
These classes are popular & fill up quickly register early at portcoquitlam.ca/register or call 604-927-7529. **Changerooms are now accessible after your activity.**
About Wilson Seniors
For those of you who hold an annual Wilson Seniors membership ($18.75), as of March 16, 2020 your memberships have been put on hold. As we move forward with a gradual return to programming and can once again provide you with the benefits the membership has to offer, it will then be reactivated. Please note that once you register for a program your membership will be automatically reactivated.
All programs follow current Provincial Health Orders and as we gradually reintroduce senior’s dedicated programming, pre-registrattion is required for all programs including drop-in activities. This is to ensure we stay within the maximum attendance numbers and ensure health and safety of all.
Become a Wilson Seniors Member!
Benefits of Membership
Those 50 years and better can join Wilson Seniors for an annual fee of $18.75, valid for 12 months.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounted pricing on pre-registered programs
- Reduced drop-in program fees and members-only classes
- Access to special events, including birthday celebrations and seasonal gatherings
- Exclusive participation in blood pressure and podiatry services
- A chance to build friendships and connection through our lunch program
- Admission to our annual Christmas lunch
No Show for Free Events
If you are unable to attend, please contact us at 604.927.7529 so your spot can be filled by another member.
Wilson Seniors Advisory Board
Wilson Seniors Advisory Board is a dedicated group of volunteers working with Wilson Seniors members and City staff to develop programs and events that promote and enhance the well-being of “Seniors” in the community of Port Coquitlam.
In addition to being advocates for programming and reducing social isolation for seniors, the Board raises funds that go back to the seniors’ community through Farmers Market Coupons, Christmas hampers and other community initiatives and social events. During the pandemic, members of the Advisory Board have reached out to seniors in the community through the phone buddies program to provide assistance and support to those in need. Please visit the Wilson Seniors Advisory Board website here: portcoquitlamseniors.com and follow on Facebook for more information.
New Volunteers are always welcome. If you would like to be involved with the Advisory Board, please put your name forward.
Wilson Lounge and kitchen
Following Provincial Health Orders and to ensure the health and safety of our valued seniors, the Wilson Lounge and Kitchen remains closed at this time. Should you have any questions about upcoming programming or are seeking information or resources please feel free to contact the Senior Services area by phone at 604.927.7981 or email email@example.com
Pedestrians can enter on Wilson Avenue on the north side of the building, and on Mary Hill Road on the west side of the building. There is no access from Kingsway Avenue.
For Construction Details & Updates
2150 Wilson Avenue
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6J5
Programs/registration: 604.927.PLAY (7529)
The Port Coquitlam Community Centre is currently open only for pre-registered fitness programs and existing arena user groups. To register or for more information on the fitness centre and weight room options please call 604.927.7925 or email portcoquitlam.ca/registe
Click here for Service Request or Comments online. A City representative will respond to your inquiry or comment shortly.