All the skating you can have in one place. The Port Coquitlam Recreation Complex hosts on-ice and dry arena sports on its two rinks at different times of the year. A great venue for hosting skating parties in the fall and winter and plenty of fun during the spring and summer months too.
Registration Information for Parents
Choosing the Right Level
If you are unsure what level to register your child in or it has been over a year since their last lesson, drop in during a public skate or registered lesson, with the exception of the first day, to receive a FREE assessment.
- Register at least one week prior to session start dates, so classes aren’t cancelled or become full
- Parents/guardians responsible for registering their child in the correct level
- Children must register for the level indicated on their report card or by assessment
- Children registered in the incorrect level will be transferred to the correct level if space permits, or will be required to withdraw and register at another time for safety reasons.
Some children require additional support for a variety of reasons. Examples include, but are not limited to, Autism, physical or mental limitations, behavioural issues, aggression, language barriers etc. It is important to choose a program appropriate for your child. Leisure Buddies assist children with staying on task, re-direction, encouraging involvement, explaining, assisting and group inclusion. For more info please click here.
Maximum Number of Registrations
- Register for current and one subsequent lesson set
- Cannot register for back to back time slots
Waitlist are important, as they let us know when to add more classes. If the class you want is full, waitlist your child and we will do our best to fulfill your request.
- Can waitlist for two classes only and register for the next session
When there is insufficient registration, classes will be cancelled and a minimum of 48 hours notice will be provided; please register early. We will to our best to find an alternative class or issue a full refund and recommend an alternative session.
Lesson Check List
- Registered lesson fees include FREE rentals
- NO PLASTIC SKATES with buckles
- No Skateez Skate Trainers
- Hockey skates choose min. one size smaller than shoes
- Figures skates fit same as shoe size
- Ensure skates are sharp and tightly laced
- Mandatory: CSA hockey helmet (face cage recommended) or boarding helmet
- No bicycle helmets permitted
- Mittens or gloves; for safety as well as warmth
- Waterproof pants for young first time skaters
- For safety no shorts