All the skating you can have in one place. The Port Coquitlam Community Centre hosts on-ice and dry arena sports on its two brand new arenas at different times of the year. A great venue for hosting skating parties in the fall and winter and plenty of fun during the spring and summer months too.
Registration Information for Parents
Learn to Skate Information
Program restructured following Public Health Office (PHO) directives to offer safe and fun learning:
- 30 minute group and private lessons focus on skill awareness and technique
- Sign up for a 1 hour time to attend a 30 minute lessons slot vs level
- Participants arrive 15 minutes prior to lesson and wait outside, prior to staff opening door to confirm registration and complete health check
- Parent participation required for new skaters, free skates & helmet or cleats & helmet provided
- 20 skaters / time slot and divided into groups of 4 to 5 based on ability
- A progress card will be provided at the end of the lesson set
- PHO directives require no spectator; parents assist with equipment on then exit facility, staff remove equipment and safely release children to parents at exit door.
- PHO directive requires mandatory masks for 12yrs+ and City recommended for 3yrs+
Some children require additional support for a variety of reasons. Examples include, but are not limited to, Autism, physical or mental limitations, behavioural issues, aggression, language barriers etc. It is important to choose a program appropriate for your child. Leisure Buddies assist children with staying on task, re-direction, encouraging involvement, explaining, assisting and group inclusion. For more info please click here.
Online Program Registration
Address & Contact Info
2150 Wilson Avenue
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6J5
Programs/registration: 604.927.PLAY (7529)