A variety of public skates for all ages are offered seasonally for the community to enjoy and be active.
Public Skating Drop-In Schedule
A “hybrid model” is in place for recreation drop-in program admissions. This allows participants to continue to book time slots in advance for pre-registered drop-in public skates and drop-in hockey programs, or drop in to pre-register at Arena Reception if spots are still available.
Pre-register for programs at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Upcoming Weekend Public Skates
Mar 10 to 12
Fri/Sat/Sun – No public skates instead enjoy watching the Tri-City Female Hockey Tournament. Public.
Spring Break Public Skates – posted soon.
Mar 13 to 18 and Mar 20 to 26
Pre-register online up to 7 days in advance or up to 30 minutes prior to program start time at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.
Spring Public Skate Schedule
Spring Break Public Skate Schedule
General Drop-in / Sign Up Guidelines:
- Accounts required for all pre-registered drop-in skate programs and can be created at portcoquitlam.ca/register
- Set up or login to your account to pre-register
- Registration for pre-registered drop-in programs open one week in advance at 8 am and close 30 mins prior to activity start time, either online or by calling 604-927-PLAY (7529)
- Ensure each participant is registered including Tot (0 to 4yrs) are Super Senior (80+yrs)
- Rentals can be purchased at time of registration ($3.47 skate and $2.35 helmet)
- Registrations are non-transferable
- Participants may withdraw from a drop-inactivity 24 hours prior to start time
- Cancellations can be made online (min 24 hours notice required), by phone at 604.927.PLAY (7529) or email 24hrs in advance to email@example.com
- No shows will be charged the single admission rate
- Read Public Skate schedule for detailed age requirements and program information
Public Skate Check-in Process:
- Pre-Registered customer with their own equipment check in with Attendant at Arena 3 entrance
- Pre-Registered and pre-paid rental customers proceed directly to skate shop and then check in with Attendant at Arena 3 entrance after equipment is on
Day of Drop-in Participants
- Check in at Arena Reception to register
– Family Play and Skate max. 60 and Ring, Stick and Puck max. 24
- Arena Reception will open 15 minutes prior to skate
Public Skate Information:
- Check the Know Before You Go for updates
- All participants must be on skates
- Forward lap skating only and backwards and crossover zones offered at discretion of staff
- Sticks and pucks not permitted during public skates, zones offered at discretion of staff
- Wheelchairs and strollers permitted, helmet provided
- Limited supply of skating aids for those who can’t independently skate, helmet required
- No personally made skating aids permitted
- External private lessons not permitted
- Children 7yrs and under must be accompanied on the ice by a guardian 16yrs+ on skates
- Children 11yrs and under must wear a CSA hockey or boarding helmet, strongly recommended for new skaters; bike helmets not permitted
- Playtime On Ice and Family Play and Skate designed for young children who are accompanied by a parent or guardian 16+yrs on skates
- Additional age requirements outlined on above Public Skate schedule.
Admission and Rental Rates
2150 Wilson Avenue
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 6J5
Programs/registration: 604.927.PLAY (7529)