Welcome to the Port Coquitlam Community Centre. A variety of Public Skates are offered during the late summer, fall, winter and holiday season for the community to enjoy and be active.
Public Skating Drop-In Schedule
Fall Public Skates begin the week of Oct 3rd. No preregistration required and One City Admission rates apply.
Your health and safety is still our top priority! All programs are designed in accordance with Step 3 of the BC Restart Plan, ensuring a maximum of 50 spectators and ice capacity not restricted. As directed, adjustments may be required.
Effective Oct 3, 2021 – Drop in fall Public Skates and Drop in Hockey Programs will begin after the Saturday, October 2nd Port Coquitlam Community Center Grand Opening. Pubic Skate Schedule will be posted here late September.
Drop in Registration Information:
NEW – If you are new to programming with the City of Port Coquitlam, and want to attend a drop in or registered program you are required to complete a one time step and create a personal account. Once an account is created, you are able to pre-purchase your One City drop in admission or pay in person. One City
Steps to attend:
- Open existing account
- Purchase a One City Single, Monthly or Annual Pass to skate
- Purchase rentals separately in person
– $3.70 skate and $2.20 helmet
- Scan pass at Customer Service prior to going on ice
- Participants ages 0 to 4yrs are 80yrs older are free and registration is still required
- Participants must be 8yrs and older to skate on their own
Public Skate and Facility Information:
- Facility access is located at the north east Arena entrance
- Check the Know Before You Go for public health and facility updates
- All participants must be on skates
- Wheelchairs and strollers permitted, helmet provided
- Lap skating only
- Limited supply of skating aids for those who can’t independently skate
- No personally made skating aids permitted
General Skate Rules
- CSA-approved hockey or snowboard helmets are recommended and mandatory for children 11 years and under; strongly recommended for new skaters
- Bicycle helmets are not permitted for any ice sessions
- Children 7 years and under must be accompanied on the ice by a person 16 years or older on skates
- No sticks or pucks during public skating sessions, unless authorized at the discretion of staff in a designated area
Admission and Rental Rates
Passes & Admissions
Passes may be purchased at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre or Port Coquitlam Community Centre, or by calling 604.927.PLAY (7529).
Please note: Children 0-3 are FREE.
HC = Hyde Creek Recreation Centre | PCCC = Port Coquitlam Community Centre