A variety of public skates and drop in hockey programs are offered during the summer, fall, winter and holiday season in the two brand new arenas at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre.
Public Skating Drop-In Schedule (pre-registration required)
Welcome back to the PCCC arenas. Your health and safety is our top priority. All programs are designed in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines, and with the ability to adjust as requirements change.
Public skating begins September 26, 2020. Registration opens September 18, 2020. Reserve your spot in public skating for one-hour timeslots at portcoquitlam.ca/register up to 1 week in advance. (Registration opens 8am daily for the following week)
Registration for drop-in skating can be completed online or by calling 604.927.7529. We are unable to accept drop-ins.
3:30 – 4:30 pm
1:15 – 2:15 pm
2:45 – 3:45 pm
- Pre-registration required for skaters, drop in attendance is not permitted
- Spots must be reserved online prior to arrival
- Registration closes 30 mins prior to public skate time
- One non skating guardian per family for public skate participant
- Max. 20 participants to support public health protocols and the BC Restart Plan
- Drop-in fee will be charged to anyone who does not attend their time slot
- Participants ages 0 to 3yrs are free, but are required to register
- Participants must be 8yrs and older to skate on their own
Public Skate and Facility Information:
- Facility access is located at the Arena entrance, arrive 15 min prior to skate, please wait outside in physically distanced spots
- Late arrivals not permitted, facility doors shut at the start of each time slot
- Masks are recommended
- Staff confirm attendance, perform COVID health checks, and allows entry
- Please follow signage and staff direction into arena lobby
- Spectator viewing from inside arena only, no in and out access permitted
- Cleaned and disinfected skating aids will be available
- CSA-approved hockey or snowboard helmets are recommended and mandatory for children 11 years and under; strongly recommended for new skaters.
- Bicycle helmets are not permitted for any ice sessions.
- Children 7 years and under must be accompanied on the ice by a person 16 years or older on skates.
- Strollers and wheel chairs permitted on the ice; free helmet supplied to those participants.
- No sticks or pucks during public skating sessions, unless authorized at the discretion of staff in a designated area.
Admission and Rental Rates
Passes & Admissions
Passes may be purchased at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre or Port Coquitlam Community Centre, or by calling 604.927.PLAY (7529).
Please note: Children 0-3 are FREE.
HC = Hyde Creek Recreation Centre | PCCC = Port Coquitlam Community Centre