A variety of public skates are offered during the late summer, fall, winter and holiday season in the two brand new arenas at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre.
Public Skating Drop-In Schedule (pre-registration required)
Pre-register to attend a public skate where your health and safety is our top priority! All programs are designed in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines, and with the ability to adjust as requirements change.
March 19 to 26 – Join us for some extra Public Skates.
Friday March 19
7:15 to 8:15 pm
Saturday March 20
3:30 to 4:30 pm
Sunday March 21
1:15 to 2:15 pm
2:45 to 3:45 pm
Monday March 22 to Friday March 26
1:00 to 2:00 pm
2:30 to 3:30 pm
Register one week in advance to reserve a public skating spot to attend a one-hour timeslot
Registration opens at 8am Sat and 8am Sun for the following week public skate
- Registration for drop-in skating can be completed online or by calling 604.927.7529
Pre-registration required prior to arrival, unable to accept drop- ins
- Rental equipment must be purchased online prior to arrival
- Registration closes 30 mins prior to public skate time
- Max. 30 participants to support Public Health Office directives and the BC Restart Plan
- Masks required for 12yrs + when in facility and on ice, encouraged for 3-11yrs
- Drop-in fee will be charged to anyone who does not attend their time slot
- Participants ages 0 to 3yrs are free, but are required to register for one of the 30 spots
- Participants must be 8yrs and older to skate on their own
Public Skate and Facility Information:
- Facility access is located at the Arena entrance, arrive 15 min prior to skate
- Please wait outside in physically distanced spots until staff open door
- Late arrivals not permitted, facility doors shut at the start of each time slot
- Public Health Office directive requires mandatory masks for 12yrs+, City recommends 3yrs+
- Staff confirm attendance and perform COVID health checks
- 20 cleaned and disinfected skating aids available
- CSA-approved hockey or snowboard helmets are recommended and mandatory for children 11 years and under; strongly recommended for new skaters.
- Bicycle helmets are not permitted for any ice sessions.
- Children 7 years and under must be accompanied on the ice by a person 16 years or older on skates.
- Strollers and wheel chairs permitted on the ice; free helmet supplied to those participants.
- No sticks or pucks during public skating sessions, unless authorized at the discretion of staff in a designated area.
Admission and Rental Rates
Passes & Admissions
Passes may be purchased at Hyde Creek Recreation Centre or Port Coquitlam Community Centre, or by calling 604.927.PLAY (7529).
Please note: Children 0-3 are FREE.
HC = Hyde Creek Recreation Centre | PCCC = Port Coquitlam Community Centre