Weights and Fitness
The City is taking proactive action to protect public health while continuing to provide essential services during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. More information can be found on our COVID-19 page.
We are offering outdoor group fitness classes at Aggie Park and at PCCC. Pre-registration is required at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Our recreation facilities that offer indoor individual activities including pre-registered public swimming and weight room access will remain open and have COVID-19 safety protocols in place. Pre-registration is required at portcoquitlam.ca/register.
Plans are under way to gradually begin indoor adult low intensity fitness classes and adult sports. Watch for updates on this page.
A reminder when in weight rooms, masks are recommended until you are full vaccinated while exercising and a physical distance of 2.5M (8ft) between each patron in all directions must be maintained while exercising.
For more information on the public health orders please visit gov.bc.ca/covid19.
Outdoor Fitness Class Schedule
Fitness Class Schedule at PCCC
Fitness Class Schedule at Hyde Creek
Virtual Fitness Class Videos
Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
Weight Room and Fitness General Guidelines:
- Participants are to arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled start time to confirm registration, complete health check and get set up.
- Reserve your spot for one-hour weight room timeslots at portcoquitlam.ca/register up to 1 week in advance (Registration opens 8am daily for the following week) Members who do not show up for their reservation will be charged the admission rate to their account.
- Cancellations can be made online (min. 24 hours notice required), over the phone at 604.927.7529 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No late entries – doors close at start time
- Water fountains, lockers and cubbies are closed at this time
- Arrive in workout attire including water bottle
- All belongings are to stay with participant through workout
- The occupancy limit for shared amenities will be posted on signage including washrooms and weight room studios
- Patrons will be required to wipe down equipment before and after use, as per usual etiquette, with the cleaning supplies provided
- Users are expected to vacate the premise within 5 minutes after their activity is complete through the designated exit
- All Yoga and Core classes, please bring your own yoga mat from home
- Hyde Creek – all classes will be held in the Gymnasium, the entrance will be through the gym doors beside the Youth Centre by the parking lot on the west side
- Port Coquitlam Community Centre – please line up at the main reception desk close to the library
- Masks must be worn at all times including while exercising
- Physical distance of 2.5M (8ft) between each patron in all directions must be maintained while exercising
Weight Room Hours (PCCC)
Monday – Friday (Morning hours)
7:30 – 8:30 am
9:00 – 10:00 am (Tuesday and Thursday Seniors only (60+ years)
Monday – Thursday (Evening hours)
4:00 – 5:00 pm
5:30 – 6:30 pm
7:00 – 8:00 pm
9:00 – 10:00 am
Pass Discount Information
- Monthly One City Pass: One-month commitment with optional auto-renew. Based on 9 single admissions (10% discount). FREE Childminding at Hyde Creek.
- Annual One City Pass: One-year commitment (monthly payments available). Based on 9 times the monthly rate (25% discount). FREE Childminding at Hyde Creek.
- Family One City Pass: Allows two caregivers and unlimited number of dependents living at the same address. Price based on one adult and two children.
- Family Outdoor Summer Pool Pass: Allows two caregivers and unlimited number of dependents ages 18 and under living at the same address. Price based on one adult and one child.
Please note: Children 0-3 are FREE.
HC = Hyde Creek Recreation Centre | PCCC = Port Coquitlam Community Centre