Weights and Fitness
During the closure of our facilities due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we are offering virtual fitness classes led by City Instructors.
Please note: All City facilities are closed and events and programs cancelled or postponed until after May 30, 2020 following direction from the Provincial Health Officer. Full refunds will be provided for activities or rentals affected by the closures. Monthly and annual membership passes and library due dates are suspended for the duration of the closure.
Questions about recreation programs: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.927.7529.
The City of Port Coquitlam is taking proactive action to protect public health while continuing to provide essential services during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. More information can be found on our COVID 19 page.
For detailed information on our programs and facilities, please view our Leisure Guide online.
Virtual Fitness Class Videos
Give us your Feedback!
Tell us what you would like to see at the new Fitness Centre at PCCC
Weight Room Orientation (18+)
Recommended for anyone new to the weight room. Ages (18+) registration in advanced is required
Register for a time to learn how to use the cardio equipment and weight training circuit.
Monday – Friday 11 am – 12 pm or 8 – 9 pm
Sat or Sun 1 – 2 pm
Prime Time Training Club (50+ years)
Let us design a fitness program to meet your personal health needs. Your pass is good for any of the days. Just scan and go. A personal training session may be recommended before joining group.
Location: Hyde Creek
Mondays or Wednesdays from 1:30-2:45 pm – Summer
6 sessions / $60
12 sessions / $100
Register at experienceit.ca or call 604.927.SWIM(7946).
Youth Weight Room Orientation (12-17 years)
The Weight Room Attendant will show you how to use the equipment efficiently and safely. A basic program will be designed that you can easily follow on your own. Registration in advanced is required.
Saturday or Sunday from 2 – 3 pm
Spinning Really is For Everyone
A highly motivating group exercise class utilizing specially designed stationary bikes that allow each participant to control his/her own level of exertion while still enjoying the motivation of a group setting. You will be coached by an instructor and inspired by music as you ride through a series of flats, climbs and other unique, non-impact workout settings. These classes will challenge the body and refresh the mind. Don’t forget to bring a towel and a water bottle!
Due to the popularity of our spinning classes, the following have been implemented:
- 1 person can reserve for up to two pass holders up to 25 hours in advance.
- Leaving during a class to sign up for another class is strictly prohibited.
- Maximum of one class reservation per day.
- One month reservation suspension after three “no shows” per phone number.
- Pre-register for a month set and have and guarantee your spot in your favourite class.
Register or call 604.927.7946
Childminding services are available Monday to Friday 9:15 am-Noon and Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:45-8:15 pm (pre-booking required for evening times by 3 pm same day). Pre-book (604.927.7946) and prepay for your childminding spot 25 hours in advance. Drop-in admissions for childminding will only be accepted, if participant space permits.
Hyde Creek all-inclusive monthly passes include one FREE childminding each day for one child per household. Available to parents/legal guardians only.
Pass Discount Information
- 10/20 Visit Pass (multi-site): Redeemed as one admission per scan, per facility. (10-visit: 10% discount, 20-visit: 20% discount).
- Monthly One City Pass: One-month commitment with optional auto-renew. Based on 9 single admissions (10% discount). FREE Childminding at Hyde Creek.
- Annual One City Pass: One-year commitment (monthly payments available). Based on 9 times the monthly rate (25% discount). FREE Childminding at Hyde Creek.
- Family One City Pass: Allows two caregivers and unlimited number of dependents living at the same address. Price based on one adult and two children.
- Family Outdoor Summer Pool Pass: Allows two caregivers and unlimited number of dependents ages 18 and under living at the same address. Price based on one adult and one child.
- Youth Access Card (YAC) annual membership: Provides free access to youth centres, discounts on most youth-specific programs, and free youth drop-in activities.
- Wilson Seniors annual membership: Provides reduced fees for a selection of seniors’ activity and fitness drop-in fees, access to special events, and reduced program registration fees.
Prices as of January 1, 2020
Please note: Children 0-3 are FREE.
HC = Hyde Creek Recreation Centre | PCCC = Port Coquitlam Community Centre
- Workouts designed to meet your specific needs and personal goals
- Utilize equipment in our studio or the Hyde Creek weight room
- Sessions are booked based on your schedule
Small Private Training
- Train with a friend and share the cost
- Utilize equipment in our studio or the Hyde Creek weight room.
- For groups of two or three people.
3 sessions for $105 per person
Registered Group Training Classes
- Work with a Personal Trainer at a lower cost
- Commit to a timeslot and workout in a private studio
- Min. 2/max. 4 people per group
- Arrange your own group
4 classes / $110 per person
Express 30 Minute Personal Training
Warm up then meet your trainer for a mini session. Please call 604-5222 to book. Pre-requisite of 1 full training session required.
30 minutes for $33