Weights and Fitness
The City of Port Coquitlam is taking proactive action to protect public health while continuing to provide essential services during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. More information can be found on our COVID-19 page.
The Fitness Centre at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre will open September 21, 2020. Registration opens September 18, 2020.
We are excited to partially re-open our fitness centre at PCCC. You will find spaces are a little different with safety measures and physical distancing in place, but we are really looking forward to welcoming you back.
Advance registration is required and can be completed online or by calling 604.927.7529, drop-ins are not possible to enable contact tracing and physical distancing. Only customers with pre-booked registrations are permitted to enter the facility.
Reserve your spot in fitness classes and for one-hour weight room timeslots at portcoquitlam.ca/register up to 1 week in advance (Registration opens 8am daily for the following week)
Weight Room Hours
Monday – Friday (Morning hours)
7:30 – 8:30 am
9:00 – 10:00 am (Tuesday and Thursday Seniors only (60+ years)
Monday – Thursday (Evening hours)
4:00 – 5:00 pm
5:30 – 6:30 pm
7:00 – 8:00 pm
9:00 – 10:00 am
Outdoor Fitness Class Schedule
Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
Virtual Fitness Class Videos
Staff are working hard to provide the opportunity for our community to get back to being active in the fitness centre. We appreciate customers supporting staff by following directions. Thank you for your cooperation.
Outdoor Fitness Classes
We are excited to be offering registered outdoor fitness classes at Gates and Aggie Parks.
Participants must register for each class individually through our online registration system. Registration will take place on a weekly basis and will open up on the Wednesday prior to each week’s classes.
Fitness memberships will not be accepted at this time.
All classes will run rain or shine with no refunds.
Participants are asked to bring their own mat, towel and water bottle and please note there will be no shared equipment or access to City equipment. There will be public washrooms accessible at each park.
Weight Room and Fitness Classes General Guidelines:
- Updated fitness schedule and information will be posted online
- Reserve your spot in fitness classes and for one-hour weight room timeslots at portcoquitlam.ca/register up to 1 week in advance (Registration opens 8am daily for the following week)
- Participants are to arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled start time to confirm registration, complete health check and get set up.
- No late entries – doors close at start time
- Water fountains, lockers and cubbies are closed at this time
- Arrive in workout attire including water bottle
- All belongings are to stay with participant through workout
- The occupancy limit for shared amenities will be posted on signage including washrooms, weight room and fitness studios.
- Patrons will be required to wipe down equipment before and after use, as per usual etiquette, with the cleaning supplies provided.
- Users are expected to vacate the premise within 5 minutes after their activity is complete through the designated exit.
Weight Room Orientation (18+)
Recommended for anyone new to the weight room. Ages (18+) registration in advanced is required
Register for a time to learn how to use the cardio equipment and weight training circuit.
Monday – Friday 11 am – 12 pm or 8 – 9 pm
Sat or Sun 1 – 2 pm
Prime Time Training Club (50+ years)
Let us design a fitness program to meet your personal health needs. Your pass is good for any of the days. Just scan and go. A personal training session may be recommended before joining group.
Location: Hyde Creek
Mondays or Wednesdays from 1:30-2:45 pm – Summer
6 sessions / $60
12 sessions / $100
Register at experienceit.ca or call 604.927.SWIM(7946).
Youth Weight Room Orientation (12-17 years)
The Weight Room Attendant will show you how to use the equipment efficiently and safely. A basic program will be designed that you can easily follow on your own. Registration in advanced is required.
Saturday or Sunday from 2 – 3 pm
Spinning Really is For Everyone
A highly motivating group exercise class utilizing specially designed stationary bikes that allow each participant to control his/her own level of exertion while still enjoying the motivation of a group setting. You will be coached by an instructor and inspired by music as you ride through a series of flats, climbs and other unique, non-impact workout settings. These classes will challenge the body and refresh the mind. Don’t forget to bring a towel and a water bottle!
Due to the popularity of our spinning classes, the following have been implemented:
- 1 person can reserve for up to two pass holders up to 25 hours in advance.
- Leaving during a class to sign up for another class is strictly prohibited.
- Maximum of one class reservation per day.
- One month reservation suspension after three “no shows” per phone number.
- Pre-register for a month set and have and guarantee your spot in your favourite class.
Register or call 604.927.7946
Childminding services are available Monday to Friday 9:15 am-Noon and Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:45-8:15 pm (pre-booking required for evening times by 3 pm same day). Pre-book (604.927.7946) and prepay for your childminding spot 25 hours in advance. Drop-in admissions for childminding will only be accepted, if participant space permits.
Hyde Creek all-inclusive monthly passes include one FREE childminding each day for one child per household. Available to parents/legal guardians only.
- Workouts designed to meet your specific needs and personal goals
- Utilize equipment in our studio or the Hyde Creek weight room
- Sessions are booked based on your schedule
Small Private Training
- Train with a friend and share the cost
- Utilize equipment in our studio or the Hyde Creek weight room.
- For groups of two or three people.
3 sessions for $105 per person
Registered Group Training Classes
- Work with a Personal Trainer at a lower cost
- Commit to a timeslot and workout in a private studio
- Min. 2/max. 4 people per group
- Arrange your own group
4 classes / $110 per person
Express 30 Minute Personal Training
Warm up then meet your trainer for a mini session. Please call 604-5222 to book. Pre-requisite of 1 full training session required.
30 minutes for $33
Pass Discount Information
- 10/20 Visit Pass (multi-site): Redeemed as one admission per scan, per facility. (10-visit: 10% discount, 20-visit: 20% discount).
- Monthly One City Pass: One-month commitment with optional auto-renew. Based on 9 single admissions (10% discount). FREE Childminding at Hyde Creek.
- Annual One City Pass: One-year commitment (monthly payments available). Based on 9 times the monthly rate (25% discount). FREE Childminding at Hyde Creek.
- Family One City Pass: Allows two caregivers and unlimited number of dependents living at the same address. Price based on one adult and two children.
- Family Outdoor Summer Pool Pass: Allows two caregivers and unlimited number of dependents ages 18 and under living at the same address. Price based on one adult and one child.
- Youth Access Card (YAC) annual membership: Provides free access to youth centres, discounts on most youth-specific programs, and free youth drop-in activities.
- Wilson Seniors annual membership: Provides reduced fees for a selection of seniors’ activity and fitness drop-in fees, access to special events, and reduced program registration fees.
Please note: Children 0-3 are FREE.
HC = Hyde Creek Recreation Centre | PCCC = Port Coquitlam Community Centre