Weights and Fitness
The City of Port Coquitlam is taking proactive action to protect public health while continuing to provide essential services during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. More information can be found on our COVID-19 page.
The Fitness Centre at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre is now open.
Advance registration is required and can be completed online or by calling 604.927.7529, drop-ins are not possible to enable contact tracing and physical distancing. Only customers with pre-booked registrations are permitted to enter the facility.
With the new Provincial Health Order issued by Dr. Henry on Nov 7, all indoor group physical activities recreational facilities have been suspended to comply with the new order.
Virtual Fitness Class Videos
Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
Affected activities include:
- Spin classes
- Yoga classes
- Group fitness
- Dance classes
- Any other indoor group physical activity that increases the respiratory rate
As per the order, indoor sports where physical distancing cannot be maintained are suspended. Activities include:
These activities can be replaced with individual exercise or practice that allows everyone to maintain a safe physical distance. The weight room at PCCC will remain open, skating and swimming programs will also continue – with COVID-19 safety protocols in place.
Weight Room Hours (PCCC)
Monday – Friday (Morning hours)
7:30 – 8:30 am
9:00 – 10:00 am (Tuesday and Thursday Seniors only (60+ years)
Monday – Thursday (Evening hours)
4:00 – 5:00 pm
5:30 – 6:30 pm
7:00 – 8:00 pm
9:00 – 10:00 am
Weight Room General Guidelines:
- Reserve your spot for one-hour weight room timeslots at portcoquitlam.ca/register up to 1 week in advance (Registration opens 8am daily for the following week)
- Participants are to arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled start time to confirm registration, complete health check and get set up.
- No late entries – doors close at start time
- Water fountains, lockers and cubbies are closed at this time
- Arrive in workout attire including water bottle
- All belongings are to stay with participant through workout
- The occupancy limit for shared amenities will be posted on signage including washrooms and weight room studios.
- Patrons will be required to wipe down equipment before and after use, as per usual etiquette, with the cleaning supplies provided.
- Users are expected to vacate the premise within 5 minutes after their activity is complete through the designated exit.
Pass Discount Information
- Monthly One City Pass: One-month commitment with optional auto-renew. Based on 9 single admissions (10% discount). FREE Childminding at Hyde Creek.
- Annual One City Pass: One-year commitment (monthly payments available). Based on 9 times the monthly rate (25% discount). FREE Childminding at Hyde Creek.
- Family One City Pass: Allows two caregivers and unlimited number of dependents living at the same address. Price based on one adult and two children.
- Family Outdoor Summer Pool Pass: Allows two caregivers and unlimited number of dependents ages 18 and under living at the same address. Price based on one adult and one child.
Please note: Children 0-3 are FREE.
HC = Hyde Creek Recreation Centre | PCCC = Port Coquitlam Community Centre