Weights and Fitness
The City is taking proactive action to protect public health while continuing to provide essential services during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. More information can be found on our COVID-19 page.
The Fitness Centre at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre is now open.
Group Fitness and Yoga classes will be starting at Port Coquitlam Community Centre (PCCC) and Hyde Creek (HC) Feb 8, 2021
All classes are low intensity and have great benefits! All COVID-19 safety protocols are in place.
Advance registration is required and can be completed online or by calling 604.927.PLAY (7529), drop-ins are not possible to enable contact tracing and physical distancing. Only customers with pre-booked registrations are permitted to enter the facility.
Please review all details of classes, entrances and exits and what to bring with you when you attend classes.
Fitness Class Schedule at PCCC & HC
Virtual Fitness Class Videos
Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire
Weight Room and Fitness General Guidelines:
- Participants are to arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled start time to confirm registration, complete health check and get set up.
- Reserve your spot for one-hour weight room timeslots at portcoquitlam.ca/register up to 1 week in advance (Registration opens 8am daily for the following week)
- No late entries – doors close at start time
- Water fountains, lockers and cubbies are closed at this time
- Arrive in workout attire including water bottle
- All belongings are to stay with participant through workout
- The occupancy limit for shared amenities will be posted on signage including washrooms and weight room studios
- Patrons will be required to wipe down equipment before and after use, as per usual etiquette, with the cleaning supplies provided
- Users are expected to vacate the premise within 5 minutes after their activity is complete through the designated exit
- All Yoga and Core classes, please bring your own yoga mat from home
- Hyde Creek – all classes will be held in the Gymnasium, the entrance will be through the gym doors beside the Youth Centre by the parking lot on the west side
- Port Coquitlam Community Centre – please line up at the main reception desk close to the library
Weight Room Hours (PCCC)
Monday – Friday (Morning hours)
7:30 – 8:30 am
9:00 – 10:00 am (Tuesday and Thursday Seniors only (60+ years)
Monday – Thursday (Evening hours)
4:00 – 5:00 pm
5:30 – 6:30 pm
7:00 – 8:00 pm
9:00 – 10:00 am
Pass Discount Information
- Monthly One City Pass: One-month commitment with optional auto-renew. Based on 9 single admissions (10% discount). FREE Childminding at Hyde Creek.
- Annual One City Pass: One-year commitment (monthly payments available). Based on 9 times the monthly rate (25% discount). FREE Childminding at Hyde Creek.
- Family One City Pass: Allows two caregivers and unlimited number of dependents living at the same address. Price based on one adult and two children.
- Family Outdoor Summer Pool Pass: Allows two caregivers and unlimited number of dependents ages 18 and under living at the same address. Price based on one adult and one child.
Please note: Children 0-3 are FREE.
HC = Hyde Creek Recreation Centre | PCCC = Port Coquitlam Community Centre