Learn with Us!
Recreational Learn to Skate and Learn to Play Hockey are offered in the two brand new rinks at the Port Coquitlam Community Centre in the summer, fall and winter.
Learn, strengthen and improve basic skating and hockey skills; our qualified and experienced instructors will provide technical and progressive instruction in creative, fun and age appropriate classes.
Please review registration information on the skating home page.
Winter 2021 Learn to Skate Group and Private Lessons
- Priority Registration for Port Coquitlam Residents opens: Monday, December 14, 2020
- General Registration: Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Learn to Skate Information
Program restructured following Public Health Office (PHO) directives to offer safe and fun learning:
- 30 minute group and private lessons focus on skill awareness and technique
- Sign up for a 1 hour time to attend a 30 minute lessons slot vs level
- Participants arrive 15 minutes prior to lesson and wait outside, prior to staff opening door to confirm registration and complete health check
- Parent participation required for new skaters, free skates & helmet or cleats & helmet provided
- 20 skaters / time slot and divided into groups of 4 to 5 based on ability
- A progress card will be provided at the end of the lesson set indicating skill learned
- PHO directives require no spectator; parents assist with equipment on then exit facility, staff remove equipment and safely release children to parents at exit door
- PHO directive requires mandatory masks for 12yrs+ and City recommended for 3yrs+
To accommodate demand, register for one 30 minute group or one 30 private lesson each set – thank you!
- Mondays Jan 11 to Feb 8 and Feb 22 to Mar 15, 2021
4:00 to 7:00 pm
- Wednesdays Jan 13 to Feb 10 and Feb 17 to Mar 17, 2021
4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Fridays Jan 15 to Feb 12 and Feb 19 to Mar 19, 2021
5:00 to 6:30 pm
Registration for skating lessons can be completed online or by calling 604.927.7529.
All participants require an account for program registration portcoquitlam.ca/register