Stats and Facts
Are you interested in specific details about the population, land, housing, businesses and economy of Port Coquitlam? The links below will help you to learn more.
Statistics Canada Census Summary
According to Statistics Canada, the population of Port Coquitlam was 56,342 in 2011, a (6.9%) increase from the 2006 census, which reported a population of 52,687. The current population is estimated to be close to 58,000.
The link below provides a breakdown of the 2011 census for the City of Port Coquitlam. This data is also compared with the Vancouver Census Metropolitan Area (CMA) and the Province of British Columbia.
From its beginnings as a small agricultural town on the Canadian Pacific rail line, Port Coquitlam has grown to a present size of over 61,000 residents.
Here is a quick community snapshot:
- Land Area : 28.85 square kilometres
- Housing Stock: 19,689 units (Census 2006)
- Labour Force: 30,380 people (Census 2006)
- Unemployment Rate: 4.9% (Census 2006)
- Population: 52,687 (Census 2006);
- Climate: Monthly temperatures range from summertime average highs of 20 degrees C to winter average lows of 0 degrees C
- Annual Rainfall: Average annual precipitation is 1850mm (73 inches)
- Major Employers: School District 43, CP Rail, Sysco, Lilydale and the City of Port Coquitlam
The City of Port Coquitlam also includes in its Annual Report an economic snapshot that summarizes statistics on new construction, major construction projects, population and dwellings, age distribution and business incorporations. Past annual reports can be viewed here.
Population Growth Fact Sheet
Age and Gender Fact Sheet
Housing and Dwelling Unit Fact Sheet
Household and Family Structure Fact Sheet
Location and Mailing Address
City Hall Annex, (beside City Hall)
200 – 2564 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)