Volunteer Recognition Awards
2021 Volunteer Stories
The City is inviting the community to submit stories and photos by April 18 showcasing the people, businesses or groups that have provided unpaid help or support to others in Port Coquitlam over the past year.
The submitted stories and images will be shared with the community as a way to build community spirit. 20 entries will be randomly selected to win $100 gift cards – sponsored by Fortis BC – to the Port Coquitlam business of their choice. The campaign, entitled Volunteers Help Get Us Through, is a reformatting of the annual Port Coquitlam Volunteer Recognition Awards event held each spring given large gatherings are not permitted at this time.
The volunteers highlighted in each story will be presented with a commemorative pin and a city branded mask.
Submit Your Story
We will share the submissions on social media and on this webpage throughout National Volunteer Week from April 18 to 24.
Personal information entered on this form is collected under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) for the purposes of processing your input . If you have any questions or concerns about how your information will be used, contact the City’s Records and FOIPPA Administrator at 604.927.5250 or email@example.com.
- Submissions can be made either by those who received the help or by those who provided it.
- To be eligible for the prize draw, the act of support needs to have taken place in Port Coquitlam over the course of the pandemic and should be clearly described in the submission, including why it was needed or appreciated.
- Individual and households may submit more than one story and image, but each household will only be eligible to win one of the 20 available gift cards.
Some examples of typical submissions would be people who shopped and ran errands for those who were at high risk, children who created artwork to brighten other people’s day, or businesses or organizations that provided free food or beverages to front-line or emergency workers. The accompanying photo can be of the volunteer, the recipient, or representing the act of support.
Thank You to Our Sponsor
The City’s 2021 volunteer recognition efforts will again be sponsored by Fortis BC, which supported Port Coquitlam’s awards for 22 consecutive years.
Did you know?
In October 2015, FortisBC launched the Rental Apartment Efficiency Program for owners and managers of rental apartment buildings that are nine units and larger. The no-cost services that are provided through the program include:
- A water-efficient shower head and a kitchen and bathroom faucet aerator directly installed in each unit
- A building energy assessment to identify energy-efficiency improvements and upgrades
- Ongoing professional assistance from a rental apartment energy management expert to guide owners/managers through the process of making a wide range of energy upgrades.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
Location and Mailing Address
3rd Floor, City Hall
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)