Volunteer Recognition Awards
2019 Nomination Deadline: March 5
The City recognizes the value of volunteers and honours them each year with the Volunteer Recognition Awards.
Volunteers are the heart of PoCo, helping to provide crucial programs and services while fostering PoCo Pride and spirit. Show them some love by nominating a hardworking Port Coquitlam volunteer by March 5. All nominees receive a commemorative pin, certificate, and invitation to a special tribute evening in April. All recipients receive a personalized award and are added to the Volunteer Honour Roll at City Hall.
Check out our previous winners here.
- Nominees can be any age and do not have to be a Port Coquitlam resident.
- Self-nominations are permitted.
- Past Port Coquitlam Volunteer Recognition Award recipients are not eligible for nomination except for the Lifetime Volunteer category, but past nominees can be nominated for any category. (Click to view previous recipients.)
- Nominations must be for an individual (couples or group nominations are not eligible). Each individual nomination must stand on its own merit.
- Nominees must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Their unpaid volunteer contributions provide extraordinary help or care to families or groups in Port Coquitlam.
- They continually commit their time, talent and energy, without pay, to improve the quality of life in Port Coquitlam.
- They have been voluntarily involved in a program or project that has had a lasting benefit for Port Coquitlam and its residents.
- Although volunteers work selflessly, it’s encouraging to be recognized for your hard work and sacrifice.
- All eligible nominees receive special treatment. All nominees receive a commemorative pin, certificate, and two tickets to a special tribute evening in April with fun, food and entertainment. All recipients also receive a personalized award and are added to the Volunteer Honour Roll at City Hall.
What are the nomination categories?
Arts Heritage and Cultural Awareness
Preserves and celebrates Port Coquitlam’s past and shares our community heritage with others and/or promotes the arts and cultural development of our community.
Caring and Safety
Enhances and promotes the community through caring actions and outstanding acts of humanitarianism; contributes towards making Port Coquitlam a safer place for residents of all ages.
Environmental Protection and Enhancement
Demonstrates an outstanding commitment to the promotion and preservation of Port Coquitlam’s natural environment for present and future generations.
Sports and Recreation
Enhances the quality of physical activity in Port Coquitlam; contributes to the management and/or operations of a sports or recreation activity; demonstrates outstanding dedication to Port Coquitlam’s sports and recreation community.
An individual who supports Port Coquitlam’s youth through the development, provision and/or participation in youth programs and activities (excluding amateur athletics).
U21 (Youth Under 21)
Reserved for the recognition of a Port Coquitlam youth, under the age of 21, who has demonstrated a commitment to our community and has made extraordinary volunteer contributions in any of the categories above.
Nominees in the six other categories may also be considered for the Lifetime Volunteer award, which recognizes an individual who has dedicated many years to improving the community through their volunteer service in any area.
Thank You to Our Sponsor
Did you know?
In October 2015, FortisBC launched the Rental Apartment Efficiency Program for owners and managers of rental apartment buildings that are nine units and larger. The no-cost services that are provided through the program include:
- A water-efficient shower head and a kitchen and bathroom faucet aerator directly installed in each unit
- A building energy assessment to identify energy-efficiency improvements and upgrades
- Ongoing professional assistance from a rental apartment energy management expert to guide owners/managers through the process of making a wide range of energy upgrades.
Manager of Communications & Administrative Services
Location and Mailing Address
3rd Floor, City Hall
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC
8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)