Where Does it Go?
Sort it Right! Search Tool
Confused about which cart a Ziploc bag goes into or where to put styrofoam? Try out the Sort it Right tool that will make it easier for you to put your waste in the right place. Enter an item below to see how to recycle or safely dispose of it.
Why Sort it Right
Port Coquitlam residents currently divert about 66% of their waste from the landfill. If we sort our waste properly, about 75% of what is typically thrown away can go into the green and blue carts, to a recycling depot or to a take-back program.
- Avoid fines of up to $300 for continually putting the wrong things in your carts
- Prevent hikes in City disposal fees and fines that are eventually passed on to taxpayers
- Keep waste out of the landfill, where it releases gases and toxins
Where Does It Go?
Play to win a $100 Gift Card!
How to play:
• Look for the Sort it Right! logo in each month’s calendar.
• Search for the listed item using the Sort it Right! search tool or in the PoCo Waste-Line app.
PoCo Waste-Line app
Use this free app to access your collection schedule, Sort it Right! Search Tool, get emergency notifications and more.
Download the Sort it Right! 2017 Guide to Waste Sorting & Services flipguide for a complete guide to sorting waste in Port Coquitlam.
Drop by City Hall, recreation centres or Public Works to pick up a waste-sorting poster or Sort it Right flipguide.
Emergency After Hours Tel: 604.543.6700
Location and Mailing Address
1737 Broadway Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2M9
Easter Long Weekend to Thanksgiving Long Weekend (Spring/Summer Hours)
7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)
Thanksgiving Long Weekend to Easter Long Weekend
7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)