Port Coquitlam Fire & Emergency Services is hiring! We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, pension plan, plus a schedule that allows for the optimal life/work balance. Download our Firefighter Application Guide and consider joining our team.
Applicants can begin applying on March 13, 2023. Please refer to the 2023 Firefighter Application Guide for an overview of the recruitment process.
Please ensure you review the application guide prior to submitting your online application. Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered. Submission deadline for applications is March 31, 2023.
The firefighter recruitment process consists of eleven unique stages (dates listed below are subject to change):
- Stage 1: Application process – Closing date March 31, 2023
- Stage 2: Written Aptitude Test – April 23, 2023
- Stage 3: Physical Ability Assessment – May 7, 2023
- Stage 4: Panel Interview – Week of May 29, 2023
- Stage 5: Police Information Checks – Week of June 2, 2023
- Stage 6: In-Station Assessment Day – June 8, 10, 12 & 14, 2023
- Stage 7: Selection of Eligibility Pool
- Stage 8: Conditional Job Offers
- Stage 9: Reference checks
- Stage 10: Pre-Employment Medical Evaluation – Week of June 19, 2023
- Stage 11: Fire Chiefs Official Call to Serve – July 4, 2023
- Start Date: July 31, 2023
Location and Mailing Address
2nd Floor, Port Coquitlam City Hall
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8
Business Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)