Port Coquitlam Fire & Emergency Services is hiring! We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, pension plan, plus a schedule that allows for the optimal life/work balance. Download our Firefighter Application Guide and consider joining our team.
Applicants can begin applying on August 17, 2020. Please refer to the 2020 Firefighter Application Guide for an overview of the recruitment process.
Please ensure you review the application guide prior to submitting your online application. Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered. Submission deadline for applications is September 1, 2020.
The firefighter recruitment process consists of ten unique stages (dates listed below are subject to change):
- Stage 1: Application process – Closing date September 1, 2020
- Stage 2: Written Aptitude Test – September 12, 2020
- Stage 3: Physical Ability Assessment – September 26, 2020
- Stage 4: Panel Interview – October 7-9, 2020
- Stage 5: Selection of Eligibility Pool – October 13, 2020
- Stage 6: Conditional Job Offers – October 13, 2020
- Stage 7: Reference checks and police information checks – October 14-31, 2020
- Stage 8: Personal Competency Assessment – October 14-31, 2020
- Stage 9: Pre-Employment Medical Evaluation – October 14-31, 2020
- Stage 10: Formal Job offer – November 2, 2020
- Start Date: November 16, 2020
The City of Port Coquitlam recognizes the dangers of COVID-19 and will take every effort to reduce the risk of exposure during this firefighter recruitment.
Location and Mailing Address
2nd Floor, Port Coquitlam City Hall
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8
Business Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)