Free Community Courses
Port Coquitlam offers free emergency preparedness (EP) courses to help residents prepare to survive on their own for at least 72 hours after a major disaster, such as a power outage, severe storm, flood or earthquake. Personal preparedness is a key component of the City’s EP program. The more residents can take care of themselves after a major emergency, the more the City’s resources can be directed to restoring services.
This 3 hour session includes discussions and information on:
- Personal Preparedness – Learn how to help yourself, your family, your co-workers and your neighbours in those first 72 hours and beyond.
- Basic Fire Suppression – Learn basic fire chemistry and classes of fire, how to use a fire extinguisher, and basic steps for fire response and intervention in the event of water, gas and electrical problems. Includes hands-on extinguisher training.
Throughout 2023 and pending their availability, a guest speaker from the City’s Community Policing Division will also provide a presentation on crime prevention.
Complete the form below to register! Participants must be at least 16 years old.
- Saturday, February 4, 2023
- Saturday, May 6, 2023
- Saturday, September 9, 2023
- Saturday, December 2, 2023
All courses run 9am – 12:30 pm in the Emergency Preparedness Training Centre located on the east side of the No. 1 Fire Hall, at 1725 Broadway Street.
Early registration is recommended as seating is limited. Priority will be given to Port Coquitlam residents.
*If course is full please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on wait list.
Location and Mailing Address
#1 Fire Hall
1725 Broadway Street
Port Coquitlam BC
Business Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)