Free Community Safety Courses
Port Coquitlam offers free Community Safety Courses to help residents prepare for emergencies and natural disasters, learn fire safety tips, and crime prevention strategies.
Each course includes discussions and information on:
- Personal Preparedness – Learn how to keep yourself, your family, your co-workers and your neighbours safe after a major disaster, such as a power outage, severe storm, flood or earthquake.
- Basic Fire Suppression – Learn basic fire chemistry and classes of fire, how to use a fire extinguisher, and basic steps for fire response and intervention in the event of water, gas and electrical problems. Includes hands-on extinguisher training.
- Crime Prevention – Learn tips and tricks to help deter crime on a personal, property and community level.
Complete the form below to sign up for any of these upcoming courses at the Emergency Preparedness Training Centre (Inside the #1 Fire Hall at 1725 Broadway Street):
- Saturday, May 6, 2023 — 9am-12:30pm
- Saturday, September 9, 2023 — 9am-12:30pm
- Saturday, December 2, 2023 — 9am-12:30pm
Early registration is recommended as space is limited. Participants must be 16+. Priority will be given to Port Coquitlam residents.
Location and Mailing Address
#1 Fire Hall
1725 Broadway Street
Port Coquitlam BC
Business Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)