In accordance with the City’s Animal Control Bylaw, all dogs six (6) months old and over are required to have a licence. Licences must be renewed by February 1 of each year.
Apply or renew for a dog licence on this page, or pick up an application from the Tax Office on the first floor of City Hall.
Dog Licensing Fees
Unneutered or Unspayed Dogs
Before Due Date: $80.00
After Due Date: $95.00
Neutered or Spayed Dogs*
Before Due Date: $32.00
After Due Date: $47.00
- licences are free for seeing eye or hearing assistance dogs with satisfactory proof.
- licences are free for new residents trading in a valid licence from another municipality.
- Discounts are available for dogs that are acquired or spayed/neutered part way through the year, with valid documentation.
*Copy of neuter/spay certificate required for new applications.
Payments can be submitted in person, by telephone or by mail to the Tax Office as noted in the Contact information below. There is also a 24-hour drop box at City Hall (to the right of the main entrance facing Shaughnessy Street).
The City of Port Coquitlam accepts the following forms of payment:
- Cash (please do not send cash in the mail)
- Credit Card (Visa, American Express or Mastercard)
- Debit (in person only)
Dog Tags and Decals
New applicants: A dog tag will be issued upon receipt of payment.
Renewals: Your existing tag will remain valid for multiple years. You may request a replacement if your tag is lost or damaged.
Location and Mailing Address
1st Floor, City Hall
2580 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam BC V3C 2A8
Business Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)